HNIC not in HD?

Center Ice is an NHL product. So, even if Dish doesn't carry some RSN's for their regular subs, some type of deal should be in place between the teams and NHL to include those broadcasts in CI, regardless of the standard carrier carriage contracts.

They do carry those broadcasts ... in SD. People want HD and are speaking of that. To be fair, I see their complaint. I was watching the Kings vs. Oilers last week. I started in my bedroom watching the SD TSN broadcast on my SD TV. When I moved out to my living room on my HD TV, I had to finish game on FOX Sports West, because the picture on TSN was awful on my HD screen.

Center Ice is an NHL product. So, even if Dish doesn't carry some RSN's for their regular subs, some type of deal should be in place between the teams and NHL to include those broadcasts in CI, regardless of the standard carrier carriage contracts.

OK, so I've noticed the following:

1. DISH only carries MSG broadcasts when it involves the Rangers, Islanders, Devils or Sabres AND they are either playing each other or a Canadian team and the broadcast isn't available. And it's ALWAYS in SD.

2. They never carry games from CSN Philadelphia.

DISH doesn't have carriage agreements with either MSG or CSN Philly. If Center Ice was an NHL product, then wouldn't Center Ice on DISH have MSG and CSN Philly no matter what??

They carry all the feeds that CI provides. So, sometimes a MSG game is included, a CSN Philly game is included, and Canadian telecasts are included. If it's in SD only, more than likely it's a channel not provided by Dish, but by CI directly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts