Hoak Media stations off Dish amid dispute

1. You've given me TWO examples... out of how many viewers? I will readily agree when you get "far enough" away from the towers, picking up good reception is hit or miss.

Sam, this post is from a different thread. I think you are taking lightly the major change in being able to get digital channels from Analog.

I am in Lebanon NH. About 60 miles from Manchester. I used to receive The WMUR signal over the air before they went digital - now we are just out of their range.This is with a good roof mounted antenna, boosters and a rotor.

Exactly what I posted, right down to the rotor and booster. It just underscores how dependent the affiliates are on Satellite and Cable transmission. That's really my point.

Last edited:
Sam, this post is from a different thread. I think you are taking lightly the major change in being able to get digital channels from Analog.

Exactly what I posted, right down to the rotor and booster. It just underscores how dependent the affiliates are on Satellite and Cable transmission. That's really my point.
You are right. There have been people who got analog reliably and can't get digital. But there are also who had no (or poor) analog reception and got good reception for digital.

One last thing to remember, the digital transition happened because the government FORCED it. I'm pretty sure the stations didn't want to spend millions to upgrade their facilities. THAT would have been interesting to see if stations would have upgraded to provide the better signal, or save money and keep the analog.

One last thing to remember, the digital transition happened because the government FORCED it. I'm pretty sure the stations didn't want to spend millions to upgrade their facilities. THAT would have been interesting to see if stations would have upgraded to provide the better signal, or save money and keep the analog.

We can agree! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)