Hockey fans- what teams did you hate the most and why

The Detroit Red Wings.They are like Notre Dame (who I hate too).They seem to be a feature team shoved at you every week on a national broadcast.
Also the NY Islanders.I found alot of their fans rude and abusive when they came into Philly.I also saw them on the west coast & a few of their fans thought the same !

You've got to be kidding me.
Everytime I see hockey on nationally, it's a EAST coast team or Pittsburgh, occasionally it will be the Wings ... you complain about the Wings, but they are more than likely the top draw for a visiting team, that just MIGHT be a reason you see them alot.

Currently there is NO national feed, after 3/4 of the season is done, NBC decides that want to show a few games.

Jimbo

NBC uses flex scheduling. They have to announce what game they want to show that week, 13 days in advance. So like the NFL, they choose the game that is going to get them the best ratings. This year, the Wings were doing well and had pretty good matchups so I think NBC did choose them quite a bit. However, if the Wings were not on, it was almost always an Eastern confrence game that NBC picked most likey for the higher concentration of hockey fans in the eastern markets.

Here are the games from the schedule that NBC had to choose from
Sunday, Jan. 20, 1:30 p.m. ET
Boston @ New York Rangers or
Anaheim @ Dallas

Sunday, Feb. 3, 2 p.m. ET
New York Rangers @ Montreal

Sunday, Feb. 10, 3:30 p.m. ET
Anaheim @ Detroit or * I do remember that this game was picked
Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh or
New York Rangers @ Washington

Sunday, Feb. 17, 3:30 p.m. ET
Detroit @ Dallas or
Pittsburgh @ Buffalo or
San Jose @ New York Rangers or
Colorado @ Chicago

Sunday, March 2, 12:30 p.m. ET
Detroit @ Buffalo or
Philadelphia @ New York Rangers or
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh

Sunday, March 9, 12:30 p.m. ET
Pittsburgh @ Washington or
Boston @ New York Rangers or
Nashville @ Detroit

Sunday, March 16, Noon ET
Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh or
Detroit @ Columbus or
Boston @ Washington

Sunday, March 30, 12:30 p.m. ET
New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh or
Nashville @ Detroit or
Boston @ Buffalo

Sunday, April 6, 12:30 p.m. ET
Chicago @ Detroit or
New York Rangers @ New Jersey or
Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia

Versus, I can't remember if they did complete national broadcasts or not cause on FTA I swear I remember finding a couple different games on for Versus.

As for the comparison to Notre Dame, that analogy is making no sense to me.

I'm sure VS had a few.
The problem I have is the HD Net games.

Everytime the Wings are on HD Net, I never know if it's going to be blacked out or not. I like the idea of being in HD and they do a nice job, before FSN Detroit was available in HD to me, I use to try to watch a Wings game there (HD Net) and it was so much a hit and miss I could not believe it.
NO reason for ANY HD Net games to be blacked out, thta said, I've also been blacked out from time to time on ESPN as well.

It must be a contractual thing, but very difficult to understand when the will be where, outside of FSN Detroit.

Jimbo

Am I the only one who HATES the idea of flex scheduling?

Ratings for "Game of the week" games were lower than the two years with multiple games on the same day.

Also, why Sunday?

IMO, NBC should go back to doing what they did in 2005-06: multiple regional games on a Saturday.

I agree. I hate the flex stuff. Regional broadcasts are not hard, but I do enjoy watching some other teams now and then.

Am I the only one who HATES the idea of flex scheduling?

Ratings for "Game of the week" games were lower than the two years with multiple games on the same day.

Also, why Sunday?

IMO, NBC should go back to doing what they did in 2005-06: multiple regional games on a Saturday.

Personally, call me old school if you want, but I HATE the NFL on Saturdays, it takes away from the College game when they schedule NFL games on Saturdays.
btw, I really don't care for the Thursday night either, but what are you gonna do, they are looking for more exposure. (More exposure, did I just say that ?:D)

Jimbo

Personally, call me old school if you want, but I HATE the NFL on Saturdays, it takes away fro the College game when they schedule NFL games on Saturdays.

They do that VERY rarely, and didn't do it last year. Only when there's a conflict, perhaps?

They do that VERY rarely, and didn't do it last year. Only when there's a conflict, perhaps?

Doesn't matter to me, I want NO NFL on Saturdays regardless, at least while the College season is in progress.

Saturdays are for College football as Fridays are for High School game, it burns me when some schools schedule on Friday's as well.
It also bugs me when the College game gets played on Tuesday nights, unfortunatelty MY home town Toledo Rockets and Bowling Green Falcons have been on Tuesdays from time to time for the exposure I am sure, still don't like it.

Jimbo

Doesn't matter to me, I want NO NFL on Saturdays regardless, at least while the College season is in progress.

Saturdays are for College football as Fridays are for High School game, it burns me when some schools schedule on Friday's as well.
It also bugs me when the College game gets played on Tuesday nights, unfortunatelty MY home town Toledo Rockets and Bowling Green Falcons have been on Tuesdays from time to time for the exposure I am sure, still don't like it.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I think you mistook my post.

I meant that HOCKEY should be on Saturdays, not Sundays.

I'm cool with NFL flex scheduling, but NOT NHL flex scheduling.

Hockey doesn't have a flex schedule afaik. It's just NBC has a flexibility option in their national broadcast options. NHL schedules certain games for early starts on weekends and NBC gets to pick which one they want to air. A bit different than the NFL that actually re-schedules times/days for game based on ratings potential.

Hockey doesn't have a flex schedule afaik. It's just NBC has a flexibility option in their national broadcast options. NHL schedules certain games for early starts on weekends and NBC gets to pick which one they want to air. A bit different than the NFL that actually re-schedules times/days for game based on ratings potential.

Yes,
That's extremely different, your not changing times and days where the buying public has to try to change their plans times and days.
I know if I had been planning a game all year and the date and time was changed, I would not be very happy about it.

Jimbo

As a Colorado fan living in Philadelphia I despise the Red Wings. Not only are they my personal favorite team's rival but they dessimated the home team in 1997.

The icelanders and the Kings thanks to Dennis Potvin and Matt Johnson. Also I can't stand the Flyers and Eric Lindros and company. I still can't believe he was a Ranger, and a huge bust at that.

Also the NY Islanders.I found alot of their fans rude and abusive when they came into Philly.I also saw them on the west coast & a few of their fans thought the same !

A lot of their fans???

The irrelevantlanders only have eight fans total, how rude can they be?

Sandra