Hockey Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dc_red

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
So despite them being advertised as national coverage, subs in the Philly DMA are still blacked out from the Philly Pittsburgh game because the local RSN is broadcasting the game and satellite doesn't carry it. That ain't national coverage in my book...

BS.

it was on the NBC Sports Network channel 603

1st round matchups CAN be carried on local RSN's but are also on NBC Sports Network, CNBC or NHL Net

I know Ice. It was blacked out on NBC sports in the flyers region though so couldn't watch it on directv

I think it's even beyond that. What was annoying was NBC advertising their broadcasts as national coverage, when in essence it wasn't.

What was annoying was NBC advertising their broadcasts as national coverage, when in essence it wasn't.

well it was a national broadcast. The fact CSN Philly is being dinks about allowing their station on satellite (they're asking for way too much money) doesnt change the fact it was a national broadcast....in your area it was blacked out due to CSN Philly

I guess that sounds better than "National Broadcast except for Philly where CSN Philly refuses to go on satellite" ;)

Oh crap, does this mean no Rangers tonight for me on NHL channel cause its broadcasted on MSG which is blacked out for me ... I guess I will wait and see!!!!!

DC Red,
This isn't a D* issue or a Satellite issue...
It's an issue of how NBC wants to run things.
Personally, I would rather watch MY LOCAL RSN.

When you watch the local RSN you have announcers that KNOW both teams, not the ones that are calling the game with no knowledge of the particular teams involved.

I was under the impression from what NBC had said that all the games would be on thier network.

Well, imagine my surprise wehn I looked at the listing to find the Red Wings on CNBC ....
Game time came around and I turned on CNBC, only to find the D* Game Search show that I was Blacked out on CNBC and it offered to watch it on FSN Detroit, which is where I wanted to watch it in the first place !

So, it looks like games will be on the RSN in the first round at least and you can watch the other channels if your outside of your RSN broadcasting area ....
At least thats how I see it.

Oh and what's the best part?????? Bruins are both on NESN and NBC tonight . . . . Really NHL???? You wonder why baseball and football kicks your ass!!!!!

Thank you BellTV for allowing me to watch the sens & rangers game on CBC. Most times blackouts are just to crazy on D* for me even looking to see if it's available or not.

Blackloz said:
Thank you BellTV for allowing me to watch the sens & rangers game on CBC. Most times blackouts are just to crazy on D* for me even looking to see if it's available or not.

It's the NHL not D, E, or Cable companies

Rofl, one of my co-workers is MAD about this as we are stationed at McGuire in the local Philly region(Southwest NJ). He's a huge Penguins fan, has Center Ice to watch all the games and is just floored that he got blacked out on NBC. He probably is better off being blocked off from the pain of the Pens blowing the first game and then getting a train run on them tonight both at home lol.

I live 40 minutes East in a NYC local zone and I am NOT blacked out of nationally broadcast Philadelphia region games (from any sport) PLUS I get all the MSGs, SNY and YES. Only bad thing about not having Comcast or FiOS TV is no Comcast SportsNet Philly since DTV and Dish will not pay through the nose like Verizon did out here. That was one of the main reasons people were not getting FiOS and do not get satellite out here. Take away a Philly fan's access to CSN and voilence may very well ensue...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)