Hoe well do 3rd party (legal) recievers work?

FiremanGTP

Jul 22, 2005
How well do 3rd party (legal) recievers work?

I currently have a 811 leased and 625 but am going to unsubscribe from the HD and am considering just buying a Dish Neywork DVR unit on ebay to replace the 811.

If I already have the DVR subsciption for my other 625 reciever, is it a simple plug-n-play, or will there be more to it?

Any other sugestions to kep this as lowest cost as possible?

Thanks!

FiremanGTP said:
I currently have a 811 leased and 625 but am going to unsubscribe from the HD and am considering just buying a Dish Neywork DVR unit on ebay to replace the 811.

If I already have the DVR subsciption for my other 625 reciever, is it a simple plug-n-play, or will there be more to it?

Any other sugestions to kep this as lost cost as possible?

Thanks!

I don't know what "lost cost" is and I'm not sure what you are talking about with plug-n-play. If you are talking about whether it will work immediately, you'll have to call and get it activated and, unless it's a 501, 508 or 721, you will have another DVR fee in addition to the 625 DVR fee.

man, i cant type to save my life...
Sorry about that, i fixed the typos. :)

So the DVR fee is per reciever? What is different about the recievers that you mentioned that would keep from having an extra DVR fee?

And what would I do to get it activated? Just call up Dish Network and give them the serial etc? :)

Sorry for the newbie Q's, and thanks for the help!

FiremanGTP said:
man, i cant type to save my life...
Sorry about that, i fixed the typos. :)

So the DVR fee is per reciever? What is different about the recievers that you mentioned that would keep from having an extra DVR fee?

And what would I do to get it activated? Just call up Dish Network and give them the serial etc? :)

Sorry for the newbie Q's, and thanks for the help!

501s, 508s, and 721s just don't have DVR fees. They were released prior to the inception of DVR fees and DISH simply does not charge DVR fees for those receivers. You call DISH and provide the R00 and S00 numbers. They'll help you with it.

Be careful if you are buying a used receiver!!!

If the previous owner has a balance on the account, you would have to pay the balance before they will add the receiver.

Also, if you are buying from an online auction, be sure that it has not been stolen. Sometimes the receiver will be "new and unopened", but it was stolen like that.

I'm not sure what exactly will happen in that situation. It happened to me, but I purchased a new card, they had killed the other, and had to talk to 2 supervisors.

always get the R00 and S00 numbers before bidding, and call dish to verify if everything is good.

THat's how I got my 508 and it's been working great.

BobaBird said:
Yes, despite Part F of the Residential Customer Agreement. The fee is waived for all receivers if you have the Everything Pack.

There are three different part F's. You can't just say a letter because you have to tell which numbered section you are referring to. Are you referring to 1F, 2F, or 4F?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)