942 receiver and cable TV connections?

Cozdiver

Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
I'm a new Dish customer and now have a 942 connected to a Sony 55 inch TVand I also have cable TV available without a cable box. I'm trying to figure out where to connect the coax from the cable feed. Does it go on the 942 or do I connect it directly to the cable port on the TV itself?

All this new equipment has been a steep learning curve for me, still haven't figured many things out but it's been only a week. If the feed goes on the TV I suppose I use the TV/video button to access the cable channels. If I connect to the back of the 942, I get confused as to how that would work. I think I would go through the procedures on page 125 of the 942 manual about scanning for off-air channels. To me, that is confusing because the scan would seem to find duplicate channel numbers. For example, channel 3 is a local channel to Dish but channel 3 is also a valid cable channel. Although the cable channels only include 2-99 analogs I'd still like to have access to them but figuring out how to set it up correctly is what I need help with.

I've learned a lot from reading this forum the last few weeks but many searches later has not provided the info I need. thanks

Hoe well do 3rd party (legal) recievers work?

OTA not the best way!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)