Hole spacing in D*TV dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you asking about the footprint for the base of the set up ?

Unfortunately I can't help you because I no longer have one mounted to the house/roof, I have moved to a pole mount on mine.
However, I know it's larger than the old one for the 1 5/8th set up.

Are you asking about the footprint for the base of the set up ?

Unfortunately I can't help you because I no longer have one mounted to the house/roof, I have moved to a pole mount on mine.
However, I know it's larger than the old one for the 1 5/8th set up.

Yes, the footprint / base? I have a plate mounted on a pole, I could have new holes drilled and taped for a DirecTV dish.
I have a 1 5/8 pole already cemented into the ground, I can remove the mounting plate easily.

The holes form a rectangle 5" x 7 7/8". There are also holes in the middle of the base that are 2 3/4" apart.

The holes are 3/8", and yes the measurements are center to center.
Here is a shot of it oriented correctly.

Attachments

• 100_0676.JPG
    100_0676.JPG
    629.7 KB · Views: 207
They do make an adapter to slip over the 1 5/8" OD pole to allow use of the Slimline's 2" OD requirement. Therefore, no jury rigging needed.

They do make an adapter to slip over the 1 5/8" OD pole to allow use of the Slimline's 2" OD requirement. Therefore, no jury rigging needed.

Some would say that using a 1 5/8" pole for a Slimline is jury rigging!

Some would say that using a 1 5/8" pole for a Slimline is jury rigging!

I agree with Chip on this one.

I use a slip over for my RV set up, but thats a temporary set up, only used while camping.
The tripod I bought way back didn't handle a larger pole.
I do wish they were changeable, but they are not.

Don't think I'd want to use that on a permanent basis.

I agree with Chip on this one.

I use a slip over for my RV set up, but thats a temporary set up, only used while camping.
The tripod I bought way back didn't handle a larger pole.
I do wish they were changeable, but they are not.

Don't think I'd want to use that on a permanent basis.

On THIS one? :eek: ;) :D

I think you mean that the smaller dia pole would be more susceptible to swaying.
There really isn't a "base" with a pole.
However, you could use a couple of monopoles to strengthen the pole if it's too tall.

I think you mean that the smaller dia pole would be more susceptible to swaying.
There really isn't a "base" with a pole.
However, you could use a couple of monopoles to strengthen the pole if it's too tall.

No, I meant base. The base for the 1 5/8" mast is much smaller than the one used with the 2" mast. I don't think it's strong enough for the Slimline.

What I'm saying is that the base isn't needed if you use a pole mount. Just slip the dish onto the pole and align it. That's what the size adapter is for.

Using that adapter to resize the J mount is definitely a bad Idea, but the monopoles might help with the support.

What I'm saying is that the base isn't needed if you use a pole mount. Just slip the dish onto the pole and align it. That's what the size adapter is for.

Using that adapter to resize the J mount is definitely a bad Idea, but the monopoles might help with the support.

If the op uses the adapter on the pole he mentioned then it might hold up, but he also talked about using a j mast. It wouldn't work well in that case because of the smaller base compared to the 2" mast/base.

I hope the OP checks in and tells us what was done.???

It sounded like he used a plate mounted to a pole in order to mount the base plate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.