Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got this in my mailbox today...
Effective Monday, November 19, 2007, Sirius Satellite Radio will launch holiday music on three of their existing Sirius Satellite Radio channels. The holiday music on Roadhouse and Pops will continue to play Holiday music until December 26, 2007. Sirius Starlight Pop will play Holiday music though January 2, 2008.

Please note: The holiday music played on these channels will match the music genre of the existing channel.

DISH Network Channel:
6002 – Starlight Pop – Holiday Hits
6062 - Roadhouse - Classic Country
6086 - Pops - Classic Favorites

Satellite:

Packages:
AT 200 & Higher
DISHHD Silver & Higher
DISH Latino DOS & Higher
DISHHD Latino Silver & Higher

Off-topic, but along these lines, in the Dayton radio market one of the local stations switched to all holiday music from sometime in Nov to after New Years or so. After they did this, they became the most popular station in the market and have held onto that # 1 spot still today.

I wonder how many new customers Sirius gets from Dish customers who want "more".

Yeap, that's who it is.... My wife will always have it on once they start the Christmas music but she didn't continue listening to it afterwards.

I would probably never ever come near any of those stations with a 10 ft pole if it wasn't for holiday music... I listen to Sirius a lot too, at home through DISH and in my car... but after Thanksgiving, I'll listen to the holiday music. Yep.

I thought DISH did away with the metallic package names for the HD. You would think they would inform the marketing people (or whomever this email was from).

DISH used to also have a non-Serious channel that played holiday music this time of year. It was free for everyone. Are they going to do it again this year?

Yea I've been listening to 982 today.I knew Sirius would start early and their copying xm.Xm's Holly channel started November 1st and goes to January 2nd.Xm's other 4 Christmas Channels start November 19th.

My wife noticed last year that as it got closer to christmas the BYU Radio network (channel 980) had a lot of nice christmas music featuring, not surprisingly, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

My wife noticed last year that as it got closer to christmas the BYU Radio network (channel 980) had a lot of nice christmas music featuring, not surprisingly, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Cool I didn't know that I'll have to listen in.

DISH used to also have a non-Serious channel that played holiday music this time of year. It was free for everyone.
In addition to 982, Audio channel 947 also has holiday music right now. Both ITC I might add. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)