Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got word that DISH Network has launched TWO holiday Music Channels which are available in FREE ACCESS to anoyone who has a dish pointed at the correct orbital location.

Both channels can be found at 119 or 72.7.

The channels are...

Traditional Holidays on Channels 947 and 87
Holiday Pop on Channels 949 and 82.

For those folks who have SiriusXM Music included with your subscription then additional holiday channels will be made available over the next few weeks, starting with SiriusXM Holly which is rumored to be coming next week.

Happy Holidays and don't forget to enter to win an iPad 2 and other prizes here at SatelliteGuys.US!

Yeah, Mrs Pepper and her mom have already started putting up Christmas decorations. This is the season they live for. It's also my annual gripe fest because all that crap is stored in the attic of a 2-story house.

Its pretty when its all done, but I hate getting that stuff out and putting it back up every year.

Our used to be as well, until I smartened up and moved it to the garage.;)
We don't have a usable attic in my house, so I have to use the attic in my garage. :( The only "upside" to this location is the pulldown stairs. It's still a PITA to move stuff.

Here in sunny Florida, our attic is unusable due to the fact that anything put up in there would literally melt. So the garage is storage central. Every holiday is the same routine...move the cars out of the garage, shuffle a dozen or more boxes to get to the 2 or 3 boxes we need at the moment. PITA.

Bah Hum Bug

Christmas stuff (music, store displays, etc.) should start the day after Thanksgiving. Too bad it has become so commercial driven.

Oh and the boxes of stuff for the house are kept in the garage and the outside stuff in a storage shed out back.

When I was a kid, Christmas stuff did not come out until after Thanksgiving.

So far, Thanksgiving isn't as commercializable as Christmas and Halloween, just a meal and limited decorations, that's why it gets skipped. I did see Christmas stuff replacing some aisles of Halloween before Halloween in some stores both this year and last.

Well I for one LOVE it! It's my favorite time of year, reminds me of a simpler time. Of course the Mrs. is more like the Grinch.:) Anyway I wonder if Dish will ever put up a channel that is a Fire Place in HD maybe with Holiday songs playing. I know at one time "CONcast" had a channel like that and it was pretty cool.

I personally look forward to Thanksgiving, No big expectations just a nice meal, 3 day work week, football,
who could ask for more! Just my thought.

I look forward to Turkey Day too....because the next day is the "world famous" ice house parade in Aitkin, MN (near the cabin) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts