Holiday Party Details and Prize Lists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm counting down the days. This will be my only holiday party since my place of employment is not doing a holiday party this year (even though they made a nice profit this year, cheapskates).

I will have my beer in hand, and the holiday channel going. :)

Folks I am proud to announce that we have just added MORE GREAT prizes to our giveaway!

Thanks to our friends at ValueElectronics.COM we are proud to announce the addition of the prizes listen below.

1 - DirecTV R10 Receiver - This is the brand new DVR that everyone has been talking about! The lucky SatelliteGuy member who wins this one will be one of the first in the country to own one of these units!

1 - Hughes DVR 80 Receiver with TiVo - 70 Hour record time!

1 - Harmony SST-688 Remote

NOTICE - ALL DIRECTV RECEIVERS MUST BE ACTIVATED AND REQUIRE A ONE YEAR COMMITMENT FROM DIRECTV. THIS IS A DIRECTV POLICY.

Our thanks again to our friends from ValueElectronics.COM for the great prizes!

Another question about the giveaway:
Is it such that you announce, "for the XYZ prize, the winner is satMember"
--or--
do you say "satMember is the next winner, which prize do you want?"?

ie; is it possible to 'select the prize' you want when you win or is it pre-selected? (substitutible?)

We do it like this...

We say "Our next giveaway is a (Insert item name here), oh Prize Goddess who is out lucky winner?"

Prize Goddess then draws a winner and announces a name from the people who are in the room. So she would say "Hey (name here) are you here?" :)

And if that is you say something like "yes I am here" or "Thanks I love SatelliteGuys." and the prize is yours. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
And if that is you say something like "yes I am here" or "Thanks I love SatelliteGuys." and the prize is yours. :D
Does additional sucking up, like "Thanks. I love SatGuys. You are the Best Website EVER!" help improve our chances? Or is the only way to improve our chances is the old fashion way, bribery?

While I would love to hear it (Morale booster) I can't lie to you saying it will improve your chances. Its all random and I don't even have anything to do with picking the winners. :)

Good luck to everyone!

Scott Greczkowski said:
We do it like this...

We say "Our next giveaway is a (Insert item name here), oh Prize Goddess who is out lucky winner?"

Prize Goddess then draws a winner and announces a name from the people who are in the room. So she would say "Hey (name here) are you here?" :)

It happened to me a couple of months ago :) I won a dpp44...

I just added things up and find it amazing that we are giving away over $3,000 in prizes on Monday Night!

Also on Monday Night we will be announcing the grand total raised for the Make a Wish Foundation as well. So far we are stuck at $400 (no donations today unfortunately) :(

cdru, you need to send your "gifts" to Prize Goddess, not Scott.:haha

You have to know who has the power.:shh :D

oh good. I normally get off the computer around 9 my time, so if it officially ends around 10E (9here) i'd prolly stay an extra 20 for goodbyes. Well this should turn out happy :)
I should be there.

If you don't see me at 8:30pm EST, please somebody start contacting all my area emergency rooms and send out a search party and ask the locals about any possible UFO sightings that day... :)

Oh and don't bother trying to call my house or cell phone, everything but the computer will be shut off and locked from the outside world.

I just got alerted by DishStore.NET that they are uping the ante!

Besides giving us the 921 to giveaway DishStore.NET has also provided us a Dish Network 508 as well!

So now SatelliteGuys has to ask... What do you want for Christmas? :)

Happy Holidays!

Ok. Bartender will be there early. Make sure to tip him good. I have bought all the drinks. Drinks are on the house too. -- I love Satelliteguys. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got alerted by DishStore.NET that they are uping the ante!

Besides giving us the 921 to giveaway DishStore.NET has also provided us a Dish Network 508 as well!

So now SatelliteGuys has to ask... What do you want for Christmas? :)

Happy Holidays!

Well it would be neat to get the DVRs, but we can't go into contract with a satellite provider, as our cable company gives us an outrageous nearly $30month discount. (yes its awesome). Though i do want to start a satellite system and the receiver is so expensive. :shocked: @party :dev:
Oh, but my friends would all pile ontop of me if i got a DS, because all of them would wanna touch the screen. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Darn this place rocks i never new anything bout satellite systems before i came here. :up: :up:

We are getting ready for this and this may just be SatelliteGuys largest thing we have ever done!

I am feeling a little nervous as I want everything to go perfectly.

I am so looking forward to naming our first SatelliteGuy of the Year. I hope to make this award a yearly event. To be able to present this award means so much to me.

This morning I got out most of the prizes for Mondays event and set them under my Christmas tree and took a few photos (seen below)

Looking at this huge pile of prizes uder my tree reminds me my work will not end after our Holiday Party is done I will have lots of shipping to do. :)

Anyways I still have lots of work to do for Monday, including getting our new look done (A look you will only see on Monday as well as on December 24th and December 25th) plus getting a bunch of other things done for the party as well. I am aimiing not to just have a Charlie Chat but a true Holiday Party for all in attendance.

I do hope everyone who comes has a great time. Thanks in advance for spending your Monday night with us. :)

Happy Holidays and good luck to all!

Attachments

• gifts1.jpg
    gifts1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 131
  • gifts2.jpg
    gifts2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 135
Man those prizes look good!! :)

We're just 2 days away. I'm excited too!

Just checking my list of stuff that needs to be done for tommorow night...

Got a busy day ahead of me! :)

Questions:

If you win a 921 or at 508 do you have to sign up with Dish right away to receive the product.

I still have 4 Months left in a Direct TV contract.

Same thing with the Direct TV DRV give away, what if your still in a Dish network contract.

I looked through the rules and did not see any contract terms.

The DirecTV needs to be actvated within 30 days and has a 1 year commitment (This is a DirecTV rule not mine or ValueElectronics)

The Dish Network equipment can be activated at any time.

I need to update the rules since when I wrote them we did not have any DirecTV equipment. Thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)