Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The Holidays are once again upon us, and this year SatelliteGuys would like to do something different.

On Monday Night December 13th Scott Greczkowski will assume the role of Santa and his wife Eva (AKA The Prize Goddess) will assume the roll of Mrs. Claus as we open our gift bag to give back to you our members, staff and supporters!

We will be giving away many great prizes as our way of saying THANK YOU for all that all of you have done for us in 2004! As a special thank you we will also be giving away additional prizes for our financial supporters (aka Pub Members) as well as our staff! (Both myself and my wife will be ineligible to win any prizes)

The night will start at 8:45PM Eastern Time as we announce the 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year award winner. This winner will receive the 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year Award as well as $500 in cash. We hope all members and staff members can be attendance for this event to help us congratulate our 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year!

The rules are quite simple, to enter just be in our chat room on Monday Night December 13th starting at 8:30PM. When we draw for prizes Mrs Claus will randomly draw winners from the room. (Prize giveaways start at 9:00PM EST)

** NOTE ** If you win a DirecTV receiver you must agree to activate the unit within 30 days of receiving it, also per DirecTV's rules there is a one year DirecTV service equipment from DirecTV. This is a DIRECTV rule and applies to all new receiver activations and this rule is not controled by SatelliteGuys.US nor ValueElectronics.COM.

When your name is announced as a winner you have 30 seconds to respond in the chat room. If no response is given within 30 seconds we will draw another name for that prize. We will repeat this until we have a winner. If you arrive late it's ok, you will be eligible for whatever drawings are left.

For the special Financial Supporter (Pub Member) Staff drawings, there is a slightly different way to enter and win. At noon on Decemeber 13th there will be a special URL posted in the SatelliteGuys Pub Members Forum. Visit this URL and submit the requested information. You only need to enter once. During the chat we will be announcing winners for these special giveaways, which will be selected by our server. You have until 9:10pm EST to enter. After that enteries are closed and the server starts picking winners, so if you are a Pub Member or Staff Member please make sure you check the pub members forum on the 13th.

The decission of the judges is FINAL. No Purchase Necessary.

In the event of a crash of our chat server we may elect to continue award prizes. If the chat server goes down please tune to SatelliteGuys Radio at http://radio.satelliteguys.us for details. (This rule is just incase we really overload our chat server) :)

If you are selected as a winner please email your full name, address and phone number (required by UPS) as well as the name of the prize you won to winner@satelliteguys.us

Now let's get to the prizes we are giving away. :D

These prizes are open to everyone (except SatelliteGuys Staff) the prizes will be given away in no particular order.

1 - Dish Network Dishplayer 921 High Definition DVR - courtesy of DishStore.NET
1 - Nintendo DS Video Game System complete with 3 games - Metroid Prime Hunter (Demo), Super Mario 64 DS, The Urbz (Sims in the City), Madden Football 2005
1 - Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra - FTA / MPEG Receiver (Courtesy of PSB Satellite & Fortec)
1 - DIRECTV TV R10 DVR - Courtesy of ValueElectronics.COM (JUST ADDED!)
1 - Hughes DVR 80 with TiVo - Courtesy of ValueElectronics.COM (JUST ADDED!)
1 - Harmony SST-659 Remote - Courtesy of ValueElectronics.COM (JUST ADDED!)
1 - Sony Atrac Mini Disc MP3 Walkman, complete with all accessories and carrying case
1 - APEX Portable DVD Player (With all accessories and case)
1 - 128 Megabyte Jumpdrive Keychain
1 - GPX Under the counter CD Player / Radio
1 - Magnavox Progressive Scan DVD Player

Again as a thank you to those who have financially supported us as pub members. (For information on becoming a Supporter /Pub Member please click here) as well as a thank you to our staff the below prizes will be given away exclusively to our Pub Members and Staff Members. Again this is our way of saying THANK YOU to them for all they have done for us.

The list of prizes for Pub Members and Staff Members are as follows:

1 - Microsoft XBOX System complete with 3 games and XBOX Live Starter Kit!
1 - Nintendo DS Video Game System complete with 3 games - Metroid Prime Hunter (Demo), Super Mario 64 DS, The Urbz (Sims in the City), Madden Football 2005
1 - Dish Displayer 508 DVR (Courtesy DishStore.NET)
1 - Harmony SST 688 Remote (Courtesy of ValueElectronics.COM)
1 - Sony Atrac Mini Disc MP3 Walkman, complete with all accessories and carrying case
2 - APEX Portable DVD Player (With all accessories and case) (Two seperate Giveaways)
1 - 128 Megabyte Jumpdrive Keychain
1 - GPX Under the counter CD Player / Radio

This is our gift to you our members, supporters and staff for a joyous holiday season!

By the way I should note, when you come in on December 13th, the site will look different, do not be alarmed, everything is OK. There will be an option available to bring back the classic look if you desire that.

So please be there on December 13th starting with our SatelliteGuy of the Year presentation at 8:45 and then all the giveaways starting at 9PM Eastern. We will also be celebrating on the SatelliteGuys Holiday Channel will a speial live broadcast! Then at 10pm EST we will play some Christmas Chaos, the best of the Funny Holiday Songs (Warning many songs played on this special are not good for kids) :)

Again thank you to all! I hope to see you on December 13th!

Happy Holidays!

Scott & Eva

One other rule I forgot to post above...

To be fair to everyone limit one prize per person, this way others have a chance to win a prize as well.

I hope to see everyone on the 13th. :)

BTW I was just noticing that we could also be celebrating out 15,000th registered member on or around the 13th. :D

Not bad for a site thats only a year old. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup you are eligible. Everyone is eligible even if you won before. :)

except staff is only eligibale for staff prizes, right? Or can we win the stuff that everyone could &/or the pub members prizes

I was wondering the same thing, are pub members in both drawings or just the pub members drawing?

I think pub members are in both drawings, and staff is only eligible for the staff/pub members drawing.

Iceberg said:
except staff is only eligibale for staff prizes, right? Or can we win the stuff that everyone could &/or the pub members prizes
Correct, Staff can only win the staff / pub member prizes, and thats only because those winners are being picked by the server and not by myself or my wife. :)

Neutron said:
I think pub members are in both drawings, and staff is only eligible for the staff/pub members drawing.
This is correct as well, our supporters are eligible for everything. :)

dfergie said:
Don't the staff members get a You might be a SatelliteGuy T-shirt that says staff on it?:D
Now THAT would be sweet. If I was a Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member.

Iceberg said:
can I have my staff privlages taken away for the day on the 13th :D

Yep, I think I'm going to try and get fired on that day as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)