Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you may know we have moved to a new server last night. The move seemed to have gone well!

While the system seems snappy please understand that PHP and MySQL have not been tuned yet and are using their defaults. The MySQL Tuner need a few days of data in order to make recommendations for tuning things.

Please use this thread to report the following things.

1) Issues You May Find
2) Speed Reports (is it faster, slower, about the same?)

We couldnt have moved to this new server if it was not for our supporters! We are paying for an additional server this month to get this emergency move done. So big thank you to our supporters ans Pub Members who are the ones seeing the true speed of the site as they are not seein ads, nor having to use Ad Blockers.

If you would like to help us pay the bills and become a Pub Member please CLICK HERE to become a Pub Member today! Thank you for your support!

Ok done with that... and I see that MySQL must be tuned as the mysqldump took forever as it was only spitting it out in small chunks.

Sorry for the brief downtime. But Need to make sure backups are working. :)

Things should be back to normal now, and I am going to work on my MySQL in a bit to improve the performance there.

But good news, I see how long it takes to backup (even with these slow mySQL speeds) and its a lot faster then the backup on the old server. So I am moving the backup from starting at 11:30 pm to 3am. :)

I'm glad to hear that. Often when I try to post something around 11:30 I can't even get access.
I am very pleased with the performance on this server so far. That backup use to take up to an hour and a hald and it took just 7 minutes on this new one. I also changed from Gzip for Bzip which is better compression and uses less resources.

Sorry I have to fool with this stuff during the day like this, but I need to do things when I have time to do them. Got company coming in today so nights are going to be rough for me until they leave on Sunday. :D

I hope you are still tuning, because I'm still having issues. Things seem fine, and a minute later, it starts clocking and I can't do anything. This has been going on since the change.
I am still doing mySQL tuning. The tuner program needs over 24 hours of data to make recomendations. Then I need to let it go for another 24 hour with the changes and see what it say.

On the old server we were running NGINX as a caching server, which we are not running here, we are just running pure Apache. If needed I can reenable it. In. my testing I have not seen any issues, but that's not to say there are no issues. We have been on the server since Monday and you are the first person to mention any issues. So hard for me to know something is not right.

I will not be around tomorrow but letting it run as is now to collect more data for tuning. :)

I get this every once in awhile: I click on a thread title, and *boom*:
1687397768160.png
I refresh and it returns the thread I had clicked on.

I get this every once in awhile: I click on a thread title, and *boom*:
I refresh and it returns the thread I had clicked on.
That was me starting and stopping the mysql server after making the suggested changes.

When I apply changes I do them once at a time just to make sure I get no errors. As if I just paste them all in and we have errors I won't know what change / addition made the error happen.

With that said I am done working on the mySQL for the night so you should not see that happen again tonight. :D

Suddenly got an error saying I don’t have permission to access this resource (that is, this entire website).
I’m posting this in Safari Private mode.
I’m using a hotel’s free wi-fi, if that matters as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Suddenly got an error saying I don’t have permission to access this resource (that is, this entire website).
I’m posting this in Safari Private mode.
I’m using a hotel’s free wi-fi, if that matters as well.

Delete cookies associated with the site.