Hollywood Video firesale

Just called mine they have 57 titles fro $19.99 on clearance. not that low but i guess better than regular price.

Were those new or ex-rental titles?
Previously viewed.

Also there is a BOGO free coupon in the little booklet with Why did I get Married on the cover.
Just called mine they have 57 titles fro $19.99 on clearance. not that low but i guess better than regular price.
I went to 3 different stores and all of the cases had $14.99 on them.

Previously viewed.

Also there is a BOGO free coupon in the little booklet with Why did I get Married on the cover.

I went to 3 different stores and all of the cases had $14.99 on them.

Ah, for $15, I can probably get new from Amazon or other online sites...

Went to another 2 stores today bout a 50 mile total trip. Got 5 disk Blade Runner collectors edition and Batman Begins for $14.99 + tax. At the next store got MI, MI 2, MI 3, & Failure to launch for $35.00 + tax. Can only use the BOGO coupon on the first pair, 2nd pair was 2 for $20 no complaints.

I used the BOGO coupon at three different stores. Got 8 titles, including the blade runner set for a total of $58.

Thanks for the pointer.

Well i went to VHQ (which i guess is run by Hollywood video where i am) and their hd dvd's were all $19.99 on clearance... i bought Transformers and Shrek 3 fro $40. yeah not great but i calle dup Visions, and they had already sent all of their hd dvd's back for recycling, don't want to miss out on them.

Prices were $15 each. The three films I was interested in had been rented once, so they were basically brand new. So I added to my collection :D

T3, and finished off the Harry Potter collection in HD DVD. Too bad I won't be able to get films 6 and 7 in it.

I used to be pissed about that. However, I looked at my Nip/Tuck collection. Seasons 1-3 are SD DVD. Season 4 is HD DVD. Big effing deal.

Prices were $15 each. The three films I was interested in had been rented once, so they were basically brand new. So I added to my collection :D

T3, and finished off the Harry Potter collection in HD DVD. Too bad I won't be able to get films 6 and 7 in it.

Thwe boxes were marked $14.95, but there was a sign on a different rack that said $14.95 or 2 for $20. Two stores gave me the $20 without question. I asked the clerk at the third store and he asked his manager, who then gave me the better price. You might want to go back and ask.

Thwe boxes were marked $14.95, but there was a sign on a different rack that said $14.95 or 2 for $20. Two stores gave me the $20 without question. I asked the clerk at the third store and he asked his manager, who then gave me the better price. You might want to go back and ask.

Not at our store. They didn't even have them out. They were in a pile on the counter. Apparently they got in trouble for selling them for such a discount.

Went today at opening and got a new copy of Beowulf using the BOGO coupon for $14.99. Had to call last night and demand that they put a sticky with my name on a copy for me cause all the employees there have HD DVD and have been taking everything before the public gets it. One young punk cried me a river about he's only making 8 something an hour so he going to get something out of the deal. I started to crack his jaw on the spot.
verymad.gif

Last edited:
There are two Hollywood Video stores in Tulsa that supply HD DVD. I went to one last night and picked up Bourne Identity & Utimatum, Stardust and The Mummy for $40.
I'm going to the other one at lunch.

I'm on a roll. I went to the other Hollywood Video outlet in town that stocks HD DVD and asked them about the clearance sale. For some reason, they intially told me that they weren't aware of the sale. After I pulled out the reciept from the other store, they confessed that they've been selling some units, but haven't 'officially' been given permission to do so. Then they pointed me to the HD DVD rack so that I could have my way.
For $80, I picked up all five Harry Potter movies, the Mummy Returns and Mission Impossible 1 and 2 (I already have MI:3).

I cleaned up.
:D

Just picked up brand new today Into the Night along with Miami Vice...Used the BOGO coupon...Less than $8.00/ea w/tax...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts