Video Pause

Satellite Rick

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Just got this for christmas, a Sharp AQUOS® Blu-ray Disc™ Player (Model No: BDHP22U), and it is pausing (every dvd we've played) about 1 hr into the video. I've been playing brand new dvds, but they are not Blu-rays.
Wondering if there is an issue.
Any suggestions, please?

Go to the link in my last post. Enter information, model, firmwarware. Download the file. Extract the file. Burn the MVP file to a cd-r and place it in the player.

Or if you have it connected to the internet, you should be able to download it autmatically through the setup menu.

S~

If it pauses just for a second or two in the middle of the movie and then continues normally through the end - that's probably normal. Most DVD players do that when switching from one DVD layer to another, as teachsac pointed out.

But if it stops playing completely, and does it on all DVDs - that might be a problem with the player. I would contact technical support or return the player to the store, while you still can.

The layer change pause seems to be more prevelant on BD players playing DVD's than I remember on dvd players. My pioneer BD player had a 3 second delay on DVD layer changes, but they addressed that and now it's seamless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)