Holy Cow Did Multisport Get Expensive!

Katie5

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
USA
When did this happen? I was going to upgrade to AT120+ and Multi-sport today to get the Big Ten Network, and it's now $10 extra to get AT120+ (over AT120) and $11 for the multi-sport pack?!? I know it didn't used to be that much. I like to watch a few football games, but not for $21 a month. No thanks, Dish.
?

The whole sports circus is out of control. I see a day when none of it is free, example, Over The Air. The players make entirely too much money. The average wage earning dad can't afford to take his kid to a football game. Some day it's all going to come crashing down.

When did this happen? I was going to upgrade to AT120+ and Multi-sport today to get the Big Ten Network, and it's now $10 extra to get AT120+ (over AT120) and $11 for the multi-sport pack?!? I know it didn't used to be that much. I like to watch a few football games, but not for $21 a month. No thanks, Dish.
?

Or you could get it free for 3 months...I enjoy it for Redzone

Will Dish give him a 1/2 off promo to upgrade to 120+ too? I don't think so, so it is still a $15.50 increase.

Yep.

Over the past few years, MSP went from $5, $7, $9, and now $11. Don't know why they decided on a $2 jump each time, but it's not a big deal as long as they give the 50% promotion.

Multi Sports is not worth it. You'll get all the in-between fluff, but as soon as games are on, all the channels say "this program is not available for viewing in your area"....
Worthless. :rant:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Multi Sports is not worth it. You'll get all the in-between fluff, but as soon as games are on, all the channels say "this program is not available for viewing in your area"....

Just like sports pack from Directv which to me is worthless also, but one man's poison is another man's treasure, but to me $12.99 is too expensive, But of course with that price you won't see the pro games, Just more money to pay for sports package.

The sad part about the 1/2 off is that it is probably what Dish has to pay for the channels. I could easily see this many sports channels costing Dish $5-$6/per sub/month. Note that I am assuming of course a reduced rate on the out of market RSNs since they will not show pro sports.

And, yesterday The Pac12 Channel, a channel that is part of Multisport didn't exist, not even on the alternates. I had to watch the E. Washington-Oegon State game on my iPad using the Pac12 App. As I recall, the same thing happened on the first week of college football last year as well....

The whole sports circus is out of control. I see a day when none of it is free, example, Over The Air. The players make entirely too much money. The average wage earning dad can't afford to take his kid to a football game. Some day it's all going to come crashing down.

If you understood basic economics you would realize that the what the players make has little to nothing to do with how much sports on TV costs. Professional leagues and big time college sports (i.e., the development minor leagues for the NFL and NBA) are going to maximize their TV revenues regardless what the players make.

And if you play it right games that go over the timer sets Dish has, catch a few MLB games that go over!

It used to be a hobby of mine to start surfing the RSNs at 10:00 EST to try and catch the end of a 7:00 EST start game. Almost always, I'd come across one or two games that were either in extras or the 8th or 9th. I also found it more useful than Gameplan and would often record the Arizona Wildcats football games (or just watch the replay). I'm with the Dish America package now which I enjoy and budget won't allow me to go to AT 120+ to add it. If I could add it to Dish America, I'd probably consider strongly.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Skytrooper said:

I can't wait for the day when people say enough is enough and stop watching or going to the games

eurosport said:

Your 100% right. The out of market RSN channels are worthless because of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)