"Home Media" App removed?

S

slapshot

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 18, 2004
Celina TX
Android TV on all my TV's, either through their native apps or an Nvidia Shield Pro. It is definitely much more reliable than the Home Media app was. But I am also currently on Dish Pause and I'm getting all my content through Android TV apps. For the most part, I haven't missed Dish since I have been on Pause. The only feature I wish I still had is PTAT on my locals.
I'm very disappointed!! I have other options for viewing my WD MyCloud server, but the Dish Home App was the easiest. It was always a little "picky", but my wife could use it with minimal "operator" issues.

Last edited:
strikes2k

strikes2k

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 19, 2020
Denver CO
I'm very disappointed!! I have other options for viewing my WD MyCloud server, but the Dish Home App was the easiest. It was always a little "picky", but my wife could use it with minimal "operator" issues.
I ended up setting up a Plex server on a virtual computer. All my TV's have the plex app so I just use that to access my home media. It does have icons, previews, etc....it's like a mini netflix for my own media.

Z

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
Had to search to even find out about this. Lame, I used Emby via my Synology NAS and it worked fine.

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I forgot to post before, but as of U828 on my sister's Wally, Home Media is still there. It is long gone on the Hoppers, though.