Home media displays in tiny window on H3

eichenberg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Not sure when this started as I haven't used home media in a few weeks. When I try to watch a movie. It displays in a tiny window in upper right corner. Is there a setting I haved missed or is this another in a long list of bugs that break when new software rolls out?
20170422_183702.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ran into this last night on our Joey (v2). Haven't checked the Hopper 3 yet.

You gotta wonder how this could possibly have gotten released like this !!

Reactions: eichenberg
I ended up chatting with tech support and they told me it is a known issue that the engineers are working on. No eta on a fix. I am starting to believe quality control is non existent.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't use the home media option much - I use our Roku for that 98% of the time - but wanted to watch the latest Top Gear episode. I had seen eichenberg's post previously but hadn't read it 'cause I hadn't ran into this until now.

Someone posted about this at Reddit and he/she seems to have a workaround (I haven't tried):
Go to your media server in the home media app and play a video file. When it starts to play minimized in the top right corner, press the back button to go back to the media server directory and then press the power button on your remote to turn the joey off. Now turn the joey back on and navigate back to the file you want to play but do it slowly with 3-5 seconds in between selections(all the way to 'play to end') and it should play full screen now.

I just tried that on my hopper. After turning it off and back on, before doing the rest of the steps, my movie is full screen and paused, but the audio is live tv audio. When I go through the rest of the steps the movie acts like it wants to play, but then goes back to where I select play to end. When I select play again it is back to upper right corner.

I don't use the home media option much - I use our Roku for that 98% of the time - but wanted to watch the latest Top Gear episode. I had seen eichenberg's post previously but hadn't read it 'cause I hadn't ran into this until now.
The Home Media is about access content on your network or LAN like ripped music or ripped DVD's/Bluray's of TV shows or movies on an HDD or media server, like DLNA. Using the Dish box means you can watch or listen to all that content in any room a Dish box is located.

I've found Dish Home Media feature to be somewhat disappointing with too little granular control. It also refused to play my FLAC files (or it gets stuck in an endless loop of skipping files), and I SWEAR DH did play them in the past. Then again, MOST media players like on Roku, Amazon, et al. are equally inadequate at having FULL control of playback.

The Home Media is about access content on your network or LAN like ripped music or ripped DVD's/Bluray's of TV shows or movies on an HDD or media server, like DLNA. Using the Dish box means you can watch or listen to all that content in any room a Dish box is located.
Thanks, I guess after using this option on the receiver for a couple years, I never knew what I was doing or what it was for ! Pretty weird, huh ?

Thanks, I guess after using this option on the receiver for a couple years, I never knew what I was doing or what it was for ! Pretty weird, huh ?
Yeah, these devices are all so complex today that there is ALWAYS something new to discover. Others have pointed out things to me I never knew, especially being able to find a channel by its name by using SEARCH function. That one was a great thing to learn we had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)