Home media mp4 fixed U307

Also noticed it no longer brings you to the introduction page, it now goes straight to the device list like it used to on the HWS...:cool:

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2
Mine still goes to the Introduction page first.
Also not all of my mp4 files play. Only about half of them. I haven't figured out yet what makes the difference.

Also not all of my mp4 files play. Only about half of them. I haven't figured out yet what makes the difference.
There are too many variations of MP4 based on what codec what used to create it... I will not re-encode all of mine just to suit the Hopper's media player. Plex plays them all flawlessly. I ended up buying a Roku stick for our living room TV that we use instead of the Hopper.

I'm using the Windows 10 DLNA and I see a warning in the event log every time a file won't play.
But Hall is right. It's fine. Not gonna re-encode everything that doesn't play. I have better things to do. I just right click on the file and cast it to my Sammy TV.

I have m4v files with codec H.264 and am using Plex
I should clarify - I have a media server enabled on our Asus router as well as Plex server set up on a PC (both pointing to the same files). With the Hopper, playback of non-MKV files doesn't work from either server (MKV files do play though). I do have (2) Rokus - one box and one stick - and the Plex client installed on both. The client plays all of the MP4s, MKVs, etc.

I didn't have a chance to test with the U307 but got U308 today. I am able to play mp4's now. Was frustrated that I couldn't pause the playback when I accidently hit the back arrow next to the select button. It brought up a menu at the bottom of the screen with a pause symbol as one of the icons. I used the arrow keys to select pause and pressed select. The movie paused. Still can't fast forward or rewind but being able to pause is a huge thing. My dvds are ripped as MP4s and my Blu-Rays as M2TS. The Blu-Rays are ripped using DVDFab. The DVDs were ripped by some no longer available software from AIESeesoft.
I am using TVersity for the DLNA server. I tried a MKV passthrough but the movie stuttered a lot in playback. This is most likely due to my media server. It is getting really old. The CPU is an
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4600 2.4G. I only have 2 megs of ram. I know I need to update this server but real life expenses keep pushing it down the list.

I can now play almost all my media from my Mediabrowser server, DTS encoded files seem to have the audio cut out every now and then, but that might be a transcoding issue on the server side. I do have a problem where sometimes if I'm watching a video and stop it, it will freeze the picture and I have to reboot to get any control back.