Upgrading from hopper 1 to hopper 3 question

JC70nova

Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
va
I'm upgrading this Friday I was wondering a few things.
1 I don't have 4k tvs so is the picture quality going to still be good?
2 I read somewhere that they will need to also give me an upgraded dish?
3 will the remote from hopper 1 if I do the backup work with the hopper 3 so I can transfer my timers?

thanks for the help guys last two times I had something done here the sub contractors dish sent out did not do what they were supposed to do so that's why I asked about the new dish...
thanks for the help.
Jason

Reactions: AntiMoz
No to a new dish, but maybe also a yes. You will definitely need a Hybred LNB and a 1000.2 dish if you don't already have one.

I restored my H3 with my remote from the H1. I did a backup to the remote in my H1 the night before my upgrade. All my timers transferred. It was quite handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok great well let me ask you this, will my install guy know what I want to do. I have had several bad experiences with subcontractors who do a crap job

Ok great well let me ask you this, will my install guy know what I want to do. I have had several bad experiences with subcontractors who do a crap job
My Dish guy was quite knowledgeable handing mu Hopper 2000 to Hopper 3 upgrade.

My installer looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I need to restore the timers from the remote. Your best bet is to learn how to do it an either make sure you keep the old remote or do it before they leave.

My installer looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I need to restore the timers from the remote. Your best bet is to learn how to do it an either make sure you keep the old remote or do it before they leave.

I already figured out how to back the remote up, Could you explain the next steps or could you share a link with those steps?

As previously stated, when you get the Hopper 3 upgrade the following will happen, at least what I do daily..
1. Greet, and a site survey ( check dish and lnb, cable quality, wall plate barrel, current configuration at the cable conjunction box.SHS opportunities.
1 1/5 .offer an external hard drive as a SHS.
2. Replace Dish to 1000.2 , LNB to Hybrid, and Solo Node to Hybrid Hub.
3 replace cable under 3GHZ rating, and all wall plates connected to system without a blue barrel.
4. Verify signal levels at the Receiver, and swap the Hoppers and Joeys.
5. Go over system with customer
6. Go out to vehicle and clean up and grab fliers and SHS.
7 sell surge protector :)
8 go over new remote and tuners
9 Signatures and bounce to next Migration, Mover, NC, SC, Upgrade..
Time usually an 1 1/5 hours depends on what we run into and what system was there before and how many Joeys , IP on site yadda yadda.

I already figured out how to back the remote up, Could you explain the next steps or could you share a link with those steps?
Once your H3 is up and running:

With the new remote, press Home, Home. This will bring you to the Diagnostics screen.
With the old 40 remote, press and hold Sat until it beeps. You will see the 40 remote come up on your Diagnostics screen on the right side.
Now with the 40 remote, Go down to Tools and go over to Restore Settings. Press that and you will restore from your 40 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts