Home Network Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diansul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Texas
I know that if I connect my HR21/700 to my home network, I can order pay per view movies over the network and avoid a phone connection. Also, I think that I saw something that said I could control recordings over the network.

Is there any other capability that results from connection to my home network? For example, it would be helpful to be able to download a file that has transponder strength readings; or to be able to create a favorites list on a computer, and then upload it to the STB. Anything like that?

Nothing like that, but you can download On Demand movies over your network (a fast internet connection helps), listen to music of view pictures and videos you have on your computer with Media Share and view recorded content from your DVR on the computer with Directv2PC software. Eventually you will be able to view recorded content with another DVR or HD receiver with Multi-Room Viewing.

Interesting. Since I can view recorded content from the DVR on my computer if networked with the proper software, does this mean that I could view a recording in progress on my DVR on my computer? So if I am recording a channel on the DVR, I could watch it essentially in live time on the computer?

I know that if I connect my HR21/700 to my home network, I can order pay per view movies over the network and avoid a phone connection. Also, I think that I saw something that said I could control recordings over the network.

Is there any other capability that results from connection to my home network?
There is one other function you will have. You can press the right arrow key on your remote to access TV Apps. It allows you to set up things like your favorite MLB team info, get 5 day weather forecast, NOAA Radar, daily brain teasers, access ScoreGuide from any channel, horoscope and a few other items. And they are adding more every month.

I'd like to try setting this up, but unfortunately DIRECTV2PC scan shows several deficiencies that my computer has, most notably that my Pentium 4 3.000GHz computer isn't adequate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)