Home page confusion and one more thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
Maybe these comments are a related to vBulletin features, or maybe not...

One thing used to puzzle me about stories on the front page under the "News" panel. The bold headings with larger fonts would seem to also be links for the threads referenced. Eg. Enter to Win! But, they are not.

I found myself trying to click on them to visit the thread. However, there are often "CLICK HERE" links that seem like Web 1.0 design.

While composing this post, I discovered that text inside the Royal Blue bands is a link to the thread. Eg, Thinksgiving Contest

Maybe if the link text is a little larger, or the larger bold headings are set up to be links, people who share my flavor of stupidity would not wonder how to get to the thread.

The other thought -- is that web links users can place in posts are not very different from the rest of the text. (Dark Blue versus Black) Often I don't notice that a link is clickable unless my mouse hovers over the link and then it changes color.

If the links were more distinctive, say a little more bold, or a little different color, or maybe with an underline, perhaps they would be more obvious to people like me. Who knows.. Maybe every one else's monitors are properly configured and mine is not.. :eek:

Having said this, please understand I hope this input is taken in the spirit of being constructive. Overall, I am satisfied with the Satellite Guys web site.

vB's front page "design" is rather poor, IMO. I used to try and click the wrong text too... Who'd have thought that the smaller text is the hyperlink ? I suppose the text, "Enter to win", could be manually made into a hyperlink though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts