Home Powerline Connection- Works Well??

tsanders3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Simpsonville, SC
Was trying to consolidate and clean up my TV setup and was looking at the Powerline connection Dish has. My router is upstairs so it would have to send signal downstairs but not real far. I have good internet speed and am planning on using the new Blockbuster Movie Pass with my 722k. Will it send data as fast as wifi? Thought about wifi adapter but I want to use the back USB for sling adapter. Guess Powerline would work for that. Anybody who has it and can you let me know how it works. Would be greatly appreciate your help.

I have a Netgear 300 router. My 722 is about 30 feet away from it and one level lower. Using the WiFi connector purchased from Dish I get a signal strength from 44-51. They require a minimum of 40. I can stream HD video. Also I tried the power line connector. If I try to watch the same HD movie it may take an hour to download to watch. I would go with the WiFi connector from Dish.

My powerline adapter works great, it is connected close to my router and has given no problems with connectivity. At my old apartment it was a little less reliable requiring an occasional reconnect (via menu) but that also could have been my older (14 MBps) powerline adapter. I now have a faster 85 MBps unit from ebay, search Slinglink, as they are in less demand than generic powerline adapters, and therefore cheaper. They are interchangable with standard powerline.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts