RSN games STILL not in HD?

JeffMo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
I just checked the program guide on my 722k and I see the Diamondbacks vs. Royals game for tonight, June 21, is NOT listed as being shown in HD but is scheduled as being shown in standard definition on Alt 450. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed last week. So what's the story, do we get HD feeds of the games all the time, some of the time or are things still hit and miss the same as they always have been?

I really thought this was an issue of the past but apparently not. :mad:

According to Scott's post on June 16 "There should be no more JIP or missing games in HD anymore with the changes they made overnight."

So what's up?

Maybe a DIRT member can look into this??

I certainly hope so as we were led to believe this issue had been resolved, but apparently it is still a problem. I had decided not to move to D* because the RSN HD issue was fixed, but if this isn't the case then I'm gone when my contract expires. So Scott what is the story with this???

Hopefully it was just a matter of someone asleep at the switch. With basketball & hockey seasons over, there should be plenty of bandwidth to accommodate the HD channels....

Why not just add them in full time hd and be done with it! No games missed, no more complaints! I don't get what is so hard about that!

Dish obviously still hasn't gotten the message and I remember Charlie replying to my Charlie chat appearance saying they would be full time by now! I'm glad I didn't hold my breath and switched to direct.

The Minnesota Twins at San Fran Giants was only shown in SD last night as well, but here's the odd thing about that....Typically, when the game is shown only in SD, when I click on the FSNorth channel, it will automatically take me to the SD channel; however, last night, when I clicked on the channel, it took me to the HD channel where I got the screen telling me to check back at a later time for games (sorry, I can't remember the exact message but I think you guys know what I'm talking about).

I don't know if someone was late in 'turning on' the HD feed and it was turned on later or what, but when I saw that the game was shown only in SD, I turned it off and went to bed. I have a feeling that it was supposed to have been shown in HD but wasn't - or it was later in the game.

I wouldn't say it would not happen anymore...just going to happen much less.
According to Scott, it wasn't supposed to be much less, it was supposed to be no more.

This is the reason why they need to make these channels full time. Not only will some occasionally miss out on their local games in HD, you also get fewer games in HD on the sports packages and miss out on other HD programming on the RSNs

According to Scott, it wasn't supposed to be much less, it was supposed to be no more.

This is the reason why they need to make these channels full time. Not only will some occasionally miss out on their local games in HD, you also get fewer games in HD on the sports packages and miss out on other HD programming on the RSNs

I agree. If it could be somehow guaranteed that HD game telecasts would not be missed/JIP I could deal with that setup. But, it looks like that's already not working even with the added channels...

Why not just add them in full time hd and be done with it! No games missed, no more complaints! I don't get what is so hard about that!

Dish obviously still hasn't gotten the message and I remember Charlie replying to my Charlie chat appearance saying they would be full time by now! I'm glad I didn't hold my breath and switched to direct.
so true. It was nice to turn on FS North and see the Twins 8 run 1st in HD :)

The Twins/Giants game was turned on in HD around the 3rd inning or so. I assume someone at DISH was asleep at the switch. Had to watch the Twins 8 run first inning in glorious SD :(

It was HD here, got home right at the end of the first half inning.

I must mention this seems to be affecting specific markets and specific channels. I've heard of this happening more to CSN and FSN affiliated channel, as well as certain parts of the country. Up in my area, the Celtics spent many games in SD only, where the Bruins and Red Sox are in HD 99.9% of the time. The Bruins and Red Sox are on the same channel where the Celtics are on CSN New England.

I will do some research and let you know of any updates that I find.

Will be looking forward to a response. I sent an email inquiry to Dish about the issue...no response, not even a canned response. Not surprised with that though. I can deal with the no full-time RSN, but the live game non-HD issue is a serious problem to me and will result in one less Dish Customer. I thought Scott's announcement was the end of this issue, but evidently not.

The other night I seen in the guide a (JIP) game in HD. So it's still an issue. I can't remember who it was, but the Kansas City game was SD only. I know FSN-KC has HD so there is no reason for Dish not to carry it with the addition of the 4 HD ALT channels. If someone can't wake up and turn the HD channel on they need to be fired!! They don't mind charging me my monthly fee on time!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts