RSN games STILL not in HD?

Wow...so no HD telecast for either the A's on CSNCA or Dbacks on FSNAZ. I know the A's game on CSNCA never did get HD turned on at all..something that I know that already happen this season. Pretty weak Dish!!

sad dish added the rsn hd channels in the 5400 range and they dont use it.they still use the hd alt channels :)

The Fat Man said:
I must mention this seems to be affecting specific markets and specific channels. I've heard of this happening more to CSN and FSN affiliated channel, as well as certain parts of the country. Up in my area, the Celtics spent many games in SD only, where the Bruins and Red Sox are in HD 99.9% of the time. The Bruins and Red Sox are on the same channel where the Celtics are on CSN New England.

I would agree. Bruins are on NESN as r the Red Sox. Once baseball season began the Sox were relegated to the NESN alternate which wasn't always in HD. IF you are in the Boston DMA the Celtics r on OTA so HD isn't an issue.
The Bruins schedule didn't conflict with Sox as much this year as it has in the past. Maybe more Bruins games were on VS this year...other than during the NHL playoffs Dish has only screwed up one Sox HD feed this season, that I am aware of.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I would agree. Bruins are on NESN as r the Red Sox. Once baseball season began the Sox were relegated to the NESN alternate which wasn't always in HD. IF you are in the Boston DMA the Celtics r on OTA so HD isn't an issue.
The Bruins schedule didn't conflict with Sox as much this year as it has in the past. Maybe more Bruins games were on VS this year...other than during the NHL playoffs Dish has only screwed up one Sox HD feed this season, that I am aware of.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I live in the Boston DMA and the Celtics haven't been OTA in several years...all games, with the exception of the few on TNT and ABC are on Comcast Sports Net New England. DirecTV has this channel in HD 24/7...I don't know about Dish.

I live in the Boston DMA and the Celtics haven't been OTA in several years...all games, with the exception of the few on TNT and ABC are on Comcast Sports Net New England. DirecTV has this channel in HD 24/7...I don't know about Dish.

Yes as are virtually all RSN's on Direct that offer HD....thus this discussion!! LOL

I will do some research and let you know of any updates that I find.

Yesterday the Royals vs. Diamondbacks were JIP an hour and ten minutes after the game started. According to the board announcement, all of this was supposedly fixed. So Zach we are still waiting for some sort of response. Will it continue to be Russian Roulette with live HD programming, or are people asleep at the switch (pardon the pun), a combination thereof, or part-time HD business as usual, or what?

About half of the Mariners games start late in HD this past week sometimes a few minutes sometimes a half hour. I use my PIP so I know exactly when the HD is switched on.

...half of the Mariners games start late in HD...I use my PIP so I know exactly when the HD is switched on.

Good move, but why do we have to do this? We were told no full-time RSNs, but the games would all be in HD. I can live with that but Dish can't even do this reliably. Remote Access was down most of the day yesterday; another example of part-time stuff for Dish.

Charlies didn't BUY all the HD games..that's why he got such a good deal with fox Sports,,he only cares about his wallet..He doesn't know or even care about what his customers want.. he only cares about buying bankrupt companies at bargain basement prices so he can build a bigger empire that would allow him to jerk around even more customers

Charlies didn't BUY all the HD games..that's why he got such a good deal with fox Sports,,he only cares about his wallet..He doesn't know or even care about what his customers want.. he only cares about buying bankrupt companies at bargain basement prices so he can build a bigger empire that would allow him to jerk around even more customers

Dish has access to all the Fox Sports RSN HD games, it's just that Dish is not giving its paying customers access to those games after promising us it was a done deal. We are STILL awaiting an explanation after the announcement they would be carried.

About half of the Mariners games start late in HD this past week sometimes a few minutes sometimes a half hour. I use my PIP so I know exactly when the HD is switched on.

Only yesterday & today, July 3 & 4, did the Mariners' games on ROOT Sports NW HD start at the time the guide said. The first few were just a minute or two late, but by the end of last week, the HD feed wasn't activated until well after the game started, usually in the middle of the bottom of the first inning. None of them were labeled "JIP" as they used to be. For one, the guide said the HD feed started with the pre-game at 6:30 pm PDT but it wasn't activated until well after 7 pm.

Scott is correct. If you post here you know who has what service. I am still amazed at wanting to "Change" Dish, just as the posts threatening to leave Direct if they don't change. The Dish and Direct business models are different, pick the one you most want. It is entirely possible to get the provider to change certain things, but probably not their bussiness model when they are making a profit.

I must mention this seems to be affecting specific markets and specific channels. I've heard of this happening more to CSN and FSN affiliated channel, as well as certain parts of the country. Up in my area, the Celtics spent many games in SD only, where the Bruins and Red Sox are in HD 99.9% of the time. The Bruins and Red Sox are on the same channel where the Celtics are on CSN New England.

It does seem to be different based on which market you are in. I think I was one of the bigger complainers about Dish not doing full time HD on the RSNs. However, I don't think there has been a Tigers game on FSN Detroit that wasn't HD since Scott said this was taken care of. Also, none of our games have turned the HD feed on later either.

It seems like these HD feeds are being turned on manually by someone and they are doing a bad job in some markets.

If that's the case we should be able to expect Dish to change. So far it hasn't been a problem for me but, Tampa you say that dish doesn't care about sports so we shouldn't expect them to fix this. If it isn't a bandwidth issue anymore like Scott said we should be able to expect Dish to hire competent enough people to flip the switch on at the right time. If that really is the problem it has nothing to do with profits. It is just lazy or incompetent employees.

Or continuing not to have the dedication to sports that Direct has.... (And to be fair, there are plenty of posts on the internet of people complaining when Direct will get more HD channels, and some other things Dish does not have complaints about) And yes, Dish could at least turn on the games to HD at the right times.....agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts