RSN games STILL not in HD?

really?

how many are regular channels?
Not premium movie channels?

The lists have been posted and its like 13 or so

Looks like another night that Dish has the Pirates vs Giants on the guide saying the game is to be on in HD but doesn't come on. Dish is pushing one of my last buttons. I'm very close to leaving for guaranteed HD games on Root Sports. Plus for MLB Network.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Looks like another night that Dish has the Pirates vs Giants on the guide saying the game is to be on in HD but doesn't come on. Dish is pushing one of my last buttons. I'm very close to leaving for guaranteed HD games on Root Sports. Plus for MLB Network.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I feel your pain cause the Giants viewing market don't have HD feed yet either and its the bottom of the 7th. I missed the first 6 innings cause I recorded the HD feed.

With the movie channels dish has, I think if they could add local rsn in hd even If it were game only that would be a move for more subs. But then again I don't know because outside of boards like satellite guys do folks know there rsn may not be?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

HD never showed up tonight!

I bet they were supposed to use the bandwidth after my Tigers game against the Indians last night. The problem is we had a 2 hour rain delay followed by a 14 inning game. It lasted about 7 hours in total. They should have turned it on in another slot for you guys but I guess they didn't.

They turned the HD feed off on our game at exactly 1:10 AM our time. I think it was like the 12th inning or something like that. I watched a half inning on the SD channel and checked again and someone had turned the HD feed back on.

I would hope that everyone who has complained about the missing HD feeds here have directed their complaints 10-fold directly at Dish. I'm a soon-to-be HD subscriber and you can bet I'll be complaining daily about this with their loyalty dept and any other dept. I can get through to.

satjay said:
With the movie channels dish has, I think if they could add local rsn in hd even If it were game only that would be a move for more subs. But then again I don't know because outside of boards like satellite guys do folks know there rsn may not be?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I believe the main issue of this thread is that many if not all RSN's r supposed to have the HD feed turned on for games. It has been stated that in some markets the guide shows HDfor game but either it never comes on or is JIP.
I have not had this issue since hockey ended. There were a couple of Red Sox games sent to the " alternate channel" which wasn't an HD feed. Happens every spring, don't like it but since we don't have the issue tberest of the season I let it go.
We all have our likes and dislikes I imagine if I really took the time I could find a couple of off the wall Channel that r in HD that I would vote to eliminate lot just show in SD ifi could have NESN in HD full time as well asa guarantee of HD on the alternate when used. Problem would be there might be a bunch of folks that like those channels so...
Again we all know that sports is not as high a priority for Dish as a Direct so it really comes down to do u jump for the full time RSN's, MLB network, and what ever else the compitition has, and leave behind the stuff Dish has they don't or stay.
Personally Dish is still the best value for MY family and right now economics wins so we stay put. Of course ifi had the sam RSN issues assome I might feel differently.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I would hope that everyone who has complained about the missing HD feeds here have directed their complaints 10-fold directly at Dish. I'm a soon-to-be HD subscriber and you can bet I'll be complaining daily about this with their loyalty dept and any other dept. I can get through to.

Do you really think Dish is unaware of this? Knock yourself out, but it won't change till Dish is ready and has enough bandwidth. I'll say it again, some of you are making a big, wrong, assumption that having the RSN's in HD is important to a large percentage of Dish subscribers, or to Dish. If that was the case, it would have become a priority and some national HD channels would go away, or some movie channels. Seems counter-productive to spend the time and whatever money to upgrade with a company who does not provide what you want, for the privilege to complain. They decided not to carry even one NYC RSN, that should tell you. Seems like they are making space to work towards it, but it won't satisfy you if your comparison is to Direct TV. Two different philosophies.

Tampa8 said:
Do you really think Dish is unaware of this? Knock yourself out, but it won't change till Dish is ready and has enough bandwidth. I'll say it again, some of you are making a big, wrong, assumption that having the RSN's in HD is important to a large percentage of Dish subscribers, or to Dish. If that was the case, it would have become a priority and some national HD channels would go away, or some movie channels. Seems counter-productive to spend the time and whatever money to upgrade with a company who does not provide what you want, for the privilege to complain. They decided not to carry even one NYC RSN, that should tell you. Seems like they are making space to work towards it, but it won't satisfy you if your comparison is to Direct TV. Two different philosophies.

I would say that it is... Look at the amount of subs that are leaving in droves! Even directv took a hit but they managed to stay positive! Also hdrsns was a priority, until Eric Sahl left dish! Thats when dish took a nose dive and hdrsns got put to the wayside. Sence then dish has had atleast 6 quarters of very solid losses!

1. They may be aware of it, but like you they might be underestimating the percentage of Dish subscribers that this is important to, unless they start raising their voice with the company, especially if the ones complaining here on message boards aren't following their complaints through to the company.
2. I'm upgrading not for the privilege to complain, but to use the HD equipment I now own and to get other features like OTA DVRing that I currently don't have...plus the upgrade will not cost me any more than I already pay if I choose the right receiver.
3. I'm not comparing to D*, just that if a listing says it's in HD, it better be in HD. If not, then don't list it as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)