RSN games STILL not in HD?

Scott is correct. If you post here you know who has what service. I am still amazed at wanting to "Change" Dish, just as the posts threatening to leave Direct if they don't change. The Dish and Direct business models are different, pick the one you most want. It is entirely possible to get the provider to change certain things, but probably not their bussiness model when they are making a profit.

It's not a matter of trying to "change Dish" - just wanting the programming received to match what the guide says it is.

I initiated a customer chat when I noticed the Tigers vs. Royals game was shown in the program guide as standard def only. I told the CSR it was my understanding that Dish had made changes so as to provide the regional games in HD. The CSR advised me they try to carry the games in HD but if there is not enough bandwidth some games are carried in standard def only. Thus nothing has changed notwithstanding the forum announcement that the games will be carried in HD. I assume the Kansas City market is a small market and thus that game was not carried in HD in order to provide bandwidth for some other market or type of programming.

I understand Dish is making business judgments concerning these issues and I'm not mad about it because they are doing what they perceive they need to do in order be profitable, however their business decisions do not square with my viewing requirements so I have decided to switch providers at the end of my contract. I wish there was another solution as I have otherwise been satisfied with Dish.

Strange happenings on the Mariners game last night 7/9/11. The game started at 6:00 pm with JIP for HD starting at 7:00 pm. Had HD channel 426 on PIP at 6:00 pm so if they started early I wouldn't miss any coverage. At 7:20 pm the picture came on but it wasn't the game it was an HBO fight which stayed on for about 30 minutes, then went back to Dish screen saver and finally the game came on at 8:00 pm. So somebody was asleep at the switch at Dish or was it too much drinky poo.

i just got dishnetwork today, had directv for 2 years, and i have one question: why does dish not show all its shows on the HD channel, whether the program is in HD or not? seems silly to have to have both channels on your guide when only MLB games are in HD and then have to go to the SD channel to watch everything else.

I will miss having it all on one channel....

This will continue to be a problem. I mentioned that I get the feeling that specific markets and channels are facing problems for whatever reason. If you really want to simply try to fix the problem of the JIP HD games or lack of HD games, make a list of the channel and region in which you are experiencing the problem. I'll start, in Boston it's limited to Celtics broadcasts on CSN New England, where NESN games of the Bruins and Red Sox are in HD for the whole game, with a game or two a season as the exception. (Not counting NESN Plus, for early season Baseball and Hockey Playoffs.)

Can someone in the Twins market confirm whether or not any Twins games are shown in HD on FSN North? Considering switch to Dish, and would do so if most of the games are in HD.

But according to this link, it appears that HD is very rare...

Game Finder - DISH Network

Even when the same game is marked as in HD for FSN West, it is marked as SD in FSN North!

Day Date Time (ET) Game...................................................................HD Station Channel
Thu 8/04 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN 436
Thu 8/04 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim X FOXW 417

Last edited:
Can someone in the Twins market confirm whether or not any Twins games are shown in HD on FSN North? Considering switch to Dish, and would do so if most of the games are in HD.

But according to this link, it appears that HD is very rare...

Game Finder - DISH Network

Even when the same game is marked as in HD for FSN West, it is marked as SD in FSN North!

Day Date Time (ET) Game...................................................................HD Station Channel
Thu 8/04 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN 436
Thu 8/04 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim X FOXW 417

Since they made the changes a while back I haven't noticed any games yet that weren't in HD on FSN North. There was one that was JIP recently. All game over the next week show as being in HD on my guide.

I recorded the Pirates @ Giants game on 5419 but didn't get any picture at all until the bottom of the sixth inning. Monday is even a travel game for many teams plus there was also a rain out of a east coast game..but because there was a long rain delay with Colo @ Cin game my game just came on. Ridiculous!! Sundays game didn't come on until the third inning!! Us subs on the left coast get SCREWED!!

Last edited by a moderator:
styxfix said:
I recorded the Pirates @ Giants game on 5419 but didn't get any picture at all until the bottom of the sixth inning. Monday is even a travel game for many teams plus there was also a rain out of a east coast game..but because there was a long rain delay with Colo @ Cin game my game just came on. Ridiculous!! Sundays game didn't come on until the third inning!! Us subs on the left coast get SCREWED!!

Well us Buccos fans got screwed all together. Guide said the game was in HD and it never came on. Which is stupid since only 5 games were being played after 10 pm (7 pm game start on west coast)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well us Buccos fans got screwed all together. Guide said the game was in HD and it never came on. Which is stupid since only 5 games were being played after 10 pm (7 pm game start on west coast)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
maybe the guy that was supposed to turn it on was watching one of the great movies on Dish and just forgot.

if this dont stop with the rsns either hd being jip or being on alt channels im leaving dish for direct plus dish dvr fees.i swear charlie is fee happy:D;):)

Right there with you. They said last year they were going to fix the issues. I am tired of friends with Direct and Comcast having the games in HD and me recording the Come Back Soon for 4 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)