RSN games STILL not in HD?

Today the Seattle Mariners on ROOT sports/426 is listed as starting the HD feed at 3:30 pm PDT. It didn't start until 4:10 pm, already 2 outs in the top of the first inning. I've noticed this happening several times recently. Some times it's only a minute or two after the guide says the HD feed starts, sometimes like today, someone is sleeping a lot longer!

Yeah you gotta love Dish. I have been a loyal customer for many, many years and have always paid my bill on time. A couple of months ago I sent in my check and apparently it was lost in the mail. A day after the statement due date I received a call on my answering machine from Dish advising me I had not paid my bill. I sent an email and told them I sent my payment and asked them to please re-check their records. The next day I received an email advising their records indicated they had not received payment. I then used the online bill pay system and paid them and stopped payment on the my original mailed check. As a courtesy I emailed them to tell them I sent an online payment which they acknowledged. I was kind of shocked to receive the call as I have never missed a payment in over ten years of service but I decided it was no big deal because USPS lost my check and it wasn't the fault of Dish that my check was lost in the mail so I was fair game for a call from them.

Now the tables are turned. Dish is supposed to show live HD baseball games and I inquire about the problem and hear nothing from them. Why can't they extend the same courtesy to a customer and figure out what the problem is and either respond to it or correct it?

I guess they have no idea that these kinds of things cause people to change providers. Dammit, DO WE HAVE NOW HAVE HD FEEDS OF LIVE RSN BASEBALL GAMES OR NOT? Response: Silence from Dish.

To fail to respond or to tell us we have HD feeds and continue to show the games in standard definition will result in the loss of customers, me included.

I'm sorry but these sorts of things really aggravate me.

Jeffmo, they've already lost at least one customer. I ended up dropping my Dish service last week, just after I saw the hint on Twitter that permanent RSN's were a flip of the switch away.

I had a feeling it was going to be too good to be true. And apparently Dish didn't disappoint in that regard.

CSN BAY AREA - Giants-Cubs

Tonight -- not exactly HD. Aspect ratio about 15:12 not 16:9...and more SD than HD. Noticed pre-game show pixelating and popping so I guess we ended up with 15:12, etc.

I betting this time this is a CSN Bay Area issue and not a Dish Network issue...but I don't know for sure. They had some problems with the GM 1 too but it was in HD.

levibluewa said:
Tonight -- not exactly HD. Aspect ratio about 15:12 not 16:9...and more SD than HD. Noticed pre-game show pixelating and popping so I guess we ended up with 15:12, etc.

It looks like it's just the SD channel with a zoom applied. There were definitely Issues with the HD transmission of the early game so I don't think it's a Dish bandwidth issue.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

inazsully said:
Didn't I read here that JIP in HD was a thing of the past? Must have been wrong.

It wasn't a JIP game. The HD channel was up and transmitting an HD signal, it just looked like the source was a stretched SD signal up-conversion.

It's unclear if this was a Dish issue, an issue with Dish's feed from CSNBA, or a CSNBA issue that impacted all providers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Not in my case. FSNAZ channel 415 is the SD feed and the game was on. Channel 415HD, a separate channel was just playing music and said JIP. 30 minutes later channel 415HD was showing the game. It was indeed JIP.

I am in Cincinnati and last night I was watching the REDS in HD on 427 and I counted at least SIX ALTHD channels which were also showing the REDS in HD.
With all this crying about bandwidth why are all these ALTHD channels showing the SAME game?

it was remapped probably. The Reds and Cards have huge territories that cross multiple RSN areas so they have to adjust accordingly.

Directv its the same way....some times Reds games are on 4 stations. There are areas that get the Reds but dont get FSN Cincy (Tennessee as example) so they are on a alt channel

The KC Royals have been in SD 3 times since all the RSNs claimed no more SD. Both games this week from San Diego have been in SD.

Actually the games were carried in HD, however one of the games was not started until after two outs in the bottom of the first inning. On both games the HD channel did not include pregame coverage. I set my timer on the HD channel and had to fast forward until the HD feed was finally turned on. I presume all of this is handled manually, which true to Dish fashion, is not elegantly done. I have no idea if and when this will ever be fixed. I note we have not heard anything from Scott or the Dish Reps about the issue, so we continue to muddle on and cross our fingers.

Ari @ Oak started at 6pm...HD telecast on 5409 is JIP starting no sooner than 7pm. I hope they are not waiting Sf @ Det to end because they are in a long rain delay. This is schedule to happen again next Sat. when the Nym @ Sf. I not seeing much of a change despite the fact that I read that this was going to happen a lot less.

Dbacks and As is still listed as JIP an hour and a half in (5th inning). No HD feed available. It seems like FSNAZ is an especially egregious offender. Any word from DIRT, yet?

I can't remember the last time the HD feed of ROOT Sports NW on 426 started when the guide says it will. It usually isn't turned on until 10-20+ minutes after the actual game starts. It's a real PITA to keep switching between the SD & HD channels to see if the feed has been turned on.

I could live with, not happily, but still live with, the games listed as JIP. Although there have been a couple that never were joined even though there were no other games being played any where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)