Home Purcjhases and FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is why my wife can not move from our house now to a new one. she can not find a fta friendy house. but she is not real mad about it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new house, hope the contract goes through.
Fall of 2007 when my wife and I bought our house, I made sure while hunting that it would have a clear los. The house we both liked the most but could not get a contract on would have been my utopia,,,,an acre of land, might of ended up looking like the local Fox affiliate's yard with about 40 dishes....

LOS was definitely a major consideration (I didn't tell the wife that at the time) but it would not have been a deal breaker. We're on about 6 acres and I own a chain saw!
The LOS is wonderful and there are many places I could mount extra dishes but as someone else already stated, the quality of the house really should come first! If you can't find a decent house that is in your price range with good LOS then it wasn't meant to be. Keep looking.

I'm currently looking for land to build a house and one lot i looked at, if it is available is a jackpot! next door to the lot is the local Cable TV Headend and there is a dip in the mountains to the southern sky that the Cable TV office uses for their dishes. Eight big BUDs in their yard. An FTAer's dream.

I'm currently looking for land to build a house and one lot i looked at, if it is available is a jackpot! next door to the lot is the local Cable TV Headend and there is a dip in the mountains to the southern sky that the Cable TV office uses for their dishes. Eight big BUDs in their yard. An FTAer's dream.

Sounds great! At least no neighbors or HOA can complain about your dishes! :D

I went out last week to a new friends (new "near neighbor" 5 milkes north) house who wanted some TV. The pizza dish people had been out and told him no LOS. The couple had not thought about LOS or TV when they bouth the property. (They had not thought about mud, either!).

Anyway, I went out with a Primestar dish and bolted the foot to a railroad tie fence post. I leveled and squared the pole and then dropped the dish on the pole. I had set the elevation and skew in advance. I turned on the receiver and turned for AZ on the dish and -- HIS COUNT -- 5 seconds later had TBN. LOS is important to them now, but why no D* or E* ????

If LOS is of GREATEST importance, "Go WEST young man". Come out the Lewis and Clark trail, overlook the Columbia Gorge, look at MT Hood and MT Adams from your new house! AND know that the county or HOA will only repond to complaints from neighbors within 1/2 mile!

EDIT:: and go green while you are at it. We are using solar and soon will add wind generators. No power lines to go down in the winter storms!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)