Home Reception via Satellite. Vintage FTA.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
As some of you know I subscribe The Spectrum Monitor. In the latest issue there was a link to some old (1979-1980) issues of Radio Electronics. Of interest to Satellite Guys was a 4 part series called, “Home Reception via Satellite,” by Robert B. Cooper, Jr. Although the information is dated there are some golden nuggets of information to be gleaned. I found it fun to read about the old analog systems, how far we've come in 30+ years and how much of the basic theory remain the same. I hope you enjoy reading these as much as I did.

1979 August Page 47-49 (note page 49 is out of order and you have to page down to read it)
1979 September page 47-50
1979 October page 81-85
1980 issue. 55-59 65
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Radio_Electronics _Master_Page.htm

Consider a subscription to The Spectrum Monitor if you don't already have one. You can get the details here.
http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/

Reactions: k.r. and KE4EST
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy getting The Spectrum Monitor every month.

Thanks. Reading Bob Cooper's articles in Radio Electronics is what got me started in this hobby. As soon as he started publishing how-to articles with schematics, I started building my receiver. I think it took me about a year and maybe $700 or $800 dollars with of parts to scratch build the LNA and receiver. For a young R.F. geek, seeing that first satellite signal was one of the funnest things I had ever done.

I get a "something went wrong here" error msg when I click on the americanradiohistory link.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts