Home Screen Option Question

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Perhaps a silly question but nevertheless...

Although I'm not a huge fan of the H3 opening up to the Home screen at startup, I do find the feature offers some nice perks such as the upcoming season & series premier information, the movies showing in theaters & the added sports section. My question is regarding the "Teams" section of the "Sports" heading.

I suppose Dish roughly uses the installation location to select the teams displayed and in my particular locale shows information for the nearest 3 collegiate programs (albeit small universities), and the nearest NFL team. Also listed are the NY Yankees major league baseball team. Somewhat surprisingly, the state's flagship university in virtually all sports is not listed. For myself and virtually everyone else I know, there's more interest in the major state's collegiate program than any other sports even including, the smaller, more local, programming (of which there is little to none televised).

I see no way to modify the teams that are displayed here in the Home screen ala, you can do in the game finder app but sure would be nice. I'd love to know if I've missed anything here or, if Dish has any plans to all a bit of customization with the Home Screen functions in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts