Homepage Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have notice I when coming to SatelliteGuys now, you come directly to our Forums instead of our Normal Homepage.

It looks like the homepage is not compatible with the new version of PHP our server is running and is throwing off errors in the logs and also not formatting correctly on users screens.

I have taken the homepage offline as I continue to work on it and hopefully it can be returned. There is also other homepage portal software that works with this forum software. The portal software we are using now is old and has not been updated in quite a number of years.

I am still working on updating the links in the top bars to reflect this change.

Thanks for your patience!

Ok I purchased new Home Page Portal Software and have installed it. I have made a basic homepage which looks a lot like the old one, I haven't had time to go into many of the advance features of it... but one thing I like is if news breaks, I can now just promote that post and it will automatically show up on the home page, which is very cool. :D

Scott the time and effort you put into the forum is astonishing. I might add has been that way since 2003 when you started the forum and I joined.
Great job in such a short time to get a good homepage back up.

In fact... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Tomorrow. 13 years.

I notice my Weather is back to New York, NY.

I notice my Weather is back to New York, NY.
Mine is still fine. That would be on your end. Accuweather stores a cookie for your location on your computer.
Click on it and then go back in and select your proper zip code and then when coming back to Satguys it should be back to normal.

Yep, that fixed it. Tnx, KE4EST!

Ok I purchased new Home Page Portal Software and have installed it. I have made a basic homepage which looks a lot like the old one, I haven't had time to go into many of the advance features of it... but one thing I like is if news breaks, I can now just promote that post and it will automatically show up on the home page, which is very cool. :D

I know you haven't had time to mess with it yet but it already looks very similar so far. The only thing I liked better about the old homepage is that when I clicked the recent posts it took me to the beginning of the thread or my furthest read location. When I do the same thing from the new homepage it always takes me to the last post in the thread. It's not a huge issue for me but if there is an easy fix I preferred the way it used to work.

Reactions: Tampa8
In the box that starts with "Welcome to SatelliteGuys...", that phrase itself became a hyperlink to a (currently) non-existent page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts