Homeplug questions

Taylork

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I am seriously considering homeplug to connect up my E* receivers with the internet. However, I am currently using a powerline phone line replacement that I presume must also be homeplug oriented. Got the phone line replacement at Home depot due to needing it quick, and then got sick when I saw the prices at Dishshop and Amazon. So it goes.

Question: will the typical (whatever that is) telephone "homeplug" phoneline replacement interfere with a homeplug internet setup? I noticed there is a "dish comm" and "broadband" setup available in the 722K, so I am presuming they probably won't interfere. But "assuming" things is very dangerous. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if I used the dishcomm connection from rcvr 1 (which has a hard line to the telephone) to rcvr 2 and then also had broadband via the homeplug device to rcvr 1 and rcvr 2 (modem/internet in another room)? Or does it really matter?? :confused:

If push came to shove, I probably wouldn't really need the phone connection on the receiver I am using the phone line replacement for currently but it sure is nice to see the incoming call info on that receiver (or I could use discomm if not a conflict)

Other question, and really my most worrisome: I am still hesitant about using homeplug due to so few power surge protectors for homeplug devices (Thanks to the folks who posted what must be the ONLY homeplug surge protector yet available!)

We have dirty power at my place during the summer (thunderstorms, etc), and I really don't want to ship stuff back to dish or whomever after storms.. am I too worried about this, those of you who have experience with homeplug connections? So far surge protectors have (seemingly) saved my stuff for many years, including over 10 years with my prior Directv set up. . . so I hope you understand my hesitancy.

Thanks as always for your help!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts