Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Searching around on the Dish Network Tech Portal Today I found the installation instructions and user manuals for the upcoming AT&T Homezone!

It's a great read and has some very interesting information in it.

Below are these documents for your enjoyment. (This is a 16 Megabyte File, on dialup connections it may take awhile to download)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. I'm still curious, will it be able to communicate with a macintosh via the home network for music and photos? If you already have a wireless setup do you need to use their network equip? I'm assuming you have to use AT&T DSL and not another providers broadband. Most importantly one of the documents mentions the receivers are based off the 942 and 522. Does that mean they aren't mpeg4 recievers? that would be bass ackward.

What about my 2 month-old 622?

HomeZone looks good but......

Will it receive MPG4?
How big is the hard drive?
Can I record 4 shows at once with the HD model (2 off the satellite and 2 OTA)?
Can I use it with my 622?

and.....

How much does it cost and when will it be available?

looking at the "add music" section... it seems to me that it COPIES your music from your PC to the box. thats bad if u have lots of gigs of music. maybe i read it wrong though, can someone confirm?

thanks.

techfan said:
looking at the "add music" section... it seems to me that it COPIES your music from your PC to the box. thats bad if u have lots of gigs of music. maybe i read it wrong though, can someone confirm?

thanks.

Yah... That's what it looks like. I agree. BAD. Not what I was hoping for at all. I have a lot of my music that I purchased through iTunes. None of that will be able to be played if this is the only option for playing music. They need to figure out a way to get this to work with legal, protected downloaded music.

gbs said:
HomeZone looks good but......

Will it receive MPG4?
Yes its an MPEG4 HD receiver
At least 250 Gig
YES
Why would you want to? The Homezone is a full satellite receive in itself. It offeres all the 622 features AND MORE!

As far as cost go I have not heard anything yet.

techfan said:

thanks.
It can copy IF YOU WANT IT TOO, or it can just stream them from your computer, thats your choice. :)

Nope did not get mine yet. I hope to though soon. Then I would be able to better answer your questions.

A lot of my answers come from the demo that was given to dealers.

Case in point here are some CORRECTIONS I have received to my answers. Sorry for the misinformaiton I only want to pass along accurate information...

So here are the corrections...
Will it receive MPG4?

- not yet. later release will work with with MPEG4

- 250 for now, with about 20 gigs reserved for photos & music

- not exactly sure, but i don't think so.. i beleive it's up to two shows record/watch at once

- depends on business rules for Dish. IE, there's a limit to the number of leased DVRs you can have.

It can copy IF YOU WANT IT TOO, or it can just stream them from your computer, thats your choice.

- No. the music can only be uploaded to the box from internal PCs or Macs. Photos can be uploaded from computers or downloaded from the Yahoo Photos folders. Launchcast radio is streamed through the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)