L3.58 Spotted!

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
Here we go again folks... we'll see if it sticks and what it fixes!

<font color="#0080FF"><b>05/31/2006: 0823</b></font> <b>Software Version L3.58 for ViP 622 DVR</b>
<p>
Effective <b><font color="red">Thursday, June 1st</font></b>, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version <b>L3.58</b> for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b> receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at <b>ALL</b> satellite locations.
<p></p>
At this time <b>L3.57 and L3.58</b> will be the valid software versions for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b>.

When something is a "partial phase", what does that really mean? The last updates were "full phase".

I would assume the update is more detailed and provides complex software modifications with a much greater potential for introducing new bugs that cannot be fully texted in a lab environment. Thus, the update is pushed to a small sampling of receivers, and the results are carefully measured, before ordering a larger or a full phase roll-out. Hmmm. But perhaps Dish Network Labs just rolls a pair dice...:)

Last edited:
My guess is agile output for the first update and some other partial update bs for this one (maybe to get it ready for new HD channels?) it's funny to see how many updats they are trying to push out this week... isn't there a tech summit this week also? HRMMMMMM?

I read a post on the other site stating the update will fix some local HD problems. Specifically an audio sync problem with the SF Bay area KGO/ABC HD feed. Since I live there, I hope it's correct.

It'll probably make the Dish Logo more robust, when the receiver is turned off. It used to float on the 625, it jumps from one spot to the other on the 622....:D :D :D

jcvaughan said:
I read a post on the other site stating the update will fix some local HD problems. Specifically an audio sync problem with the SF Bay area KGO/ABC HD feed. Since I live there, I hope it's correct.

The audio sync issue is on the station's side and appears on all HD feeds, including OTA and cable. I've tested it myself.

ralfyguy said:
It'll probably make the Dish Logo more robust, when the receiver is turned off. It used to float on the 625, it jumps from one spot to the other on the 622....:D :D :D
Wow! Is that the video stuttering I've been reading about...? (LOL, I think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)