L3.58 Spotted!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DWS44 said:
E* decided to replace my brother's 622 because of all the problems he was having. I helped him hook it up and get authorized last night. When it downloaded its updates, it got 358. The one thing I can sa so far, is that it DID NOT fix the audio problems he's been having with TV2 (sound cuts in and out).

It was quite a fiasco, really. It locked up prior to actually taking the initial sw download. Then after we finally got it to complete the download after a hard reboot, it took nearly an hour and 2 more soft reboots while on the phone with E* to get the thing to activate.
l358 is suppose to be only for new installs. Not clear if it fixes something in the install/authorization process or if it fixes something with new versions of the hardware.

Here is a hint for installing newer 622...Do not use the separator. Run the sat cable to the Tuner 1 input. The new units do not have the programing to see the separator, so it will not download the software. I had to do this the other night to install my 3rd replacement 622. After the programing downloads and reboots, install the separator, do the check switch and it should work fine. By the way, the authorization can take 1/2 hour now.

SHADO 1 said:
Here is a hint for installing newer 622...Do not use the separator. Run the sat cable to the Tuner 1 input. The new units do not have the programing to see the separator, so it will not download the software. I had to do this the other night to install my 3rd replacement 622. After the programing downloads and reboots, install the separator, do the check switch and it should work fine. By the way, the authorization can take 1/2 hour now.

Which receivers A through E) fall into this catagory?

120inna55 said:
Apparently no longer true. I received L358 a few days ago. I've had the 622 since February.

Does anyone know where the release notes are?

This is all I find about the release:

05/31/2006: 0823 Software Version L3.58 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, June 1st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.58 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.57 and L3.58 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

bkushner said:
This is all I find about the release:

05/31/2006: 0823 Software Version L3.58 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, June 1st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.58 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.57 and L3.58 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

Yeah, I saw that on the Tech Portal. I was just wondering if there were actually any release notes (i.e. what changed).

Thanks anyway.

I noticed my 622 updated to L358 sometime in the last 24-36 hrs. I've had the 622 since release.

What has changed that I notice:

I do not subscribe to locals. My DishPass feature is now scheduling recordings from OTA DTV on programs which match DishPass information. I cannot see any info for these recordings other than they are listed under the DishPass timer schedule. The recordings are correct according to subject too.

***edit*** The timer is padded by several hours, i.e. the actual program runs 2:30-5:00 and the time is scheduled 2:30-7:00. Oh well, nice try E*

Last edited:
I now have 358 and for the first time I have HDMI issues with my LG Plasma. I have an A version of the 622. When switching back between HDMI inputs there is no picture on the 622, the TV says "invalid format". If I hit DVR Pause then Play the picture then comes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts