Homezone No Sound on TV2. Help!

slatterie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Hi -

Hoping someone out there can help. We have the HZ/622 box that is set for multi-TV's. The box is directly connected to TV1 which is in the living room on our big tv . TV2 is in the master bedroom connected by a 5.8 mhz RF.

Our problem is this: We get no sound from TV2 when we use the remote to do anything (guide, change channel, DVR, Homezone, etc). The remote will do what we selected then the sound goes out never to return (the picture is crystal clear and no interruptions, its just the sound). The only solution is to power down the box completely and re-start it....except once re-started we try to select something to do the sound goes off. Now we can do the Yahoo!Launchcast music stations with no problem sound comes right on and stays on for Launchcast. Going back the TV though is still no sound.

We are on our second box and it does the exact same thing. We have a laptop fan under the box and its completely open to keep the box temps down, unplugged our HDMI (TV1 is DVI, so cable is DVI to HDMI), cycled thru the TV Input as suggested to "trigger" the sound back, moved tv2 to the box to get a direct connection (not the RF) and it still does it. We even switched TV1 & 2 and TV2 came up with the same issue. So we know its not the TVs or the RF connection.

Mind you it did not do this at first, only within the last month. We talked to the HZ customer service many times (every time they were very nice) and after re-setting everything and a getting new box the issue still comes back. The new box lasted about a week before the problem started up again. The only resolution has been to power down the box and hope you like the channel you are on.

Is this some sort of software glitch or are we missing something? I really don't want to get another receiver as we like watching DVR stuff on the other TV before going to bed. There are a lot of things we like with HZ but so much that can be improved. Thanks.

Thanks for responding. Sorry about that - it was late when I posted. I would say my techo-vocabulary is limited at best. :rolleyes:

Yes we are using that exact RF Link Wireless receiver for TV2. It did work for us a few years ago when we had DirecTV (the receiver was sitting in another room and we used it for viewing in the bedroom - no issues with it at all). Thinking initially it might be the wireless connection, thats when we moved TV2 to the box and directly connected it with wires. Same issue once anything was accessed. We even switched the TV's and the "new" TV2 did the same thing (audio dropped once you tried to do anything - change channel, dvr, homezone, etc.).

Its just so strange. I've searched the boards and cannot find much of anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)