Hook up a slingbox to a hopper (2000)?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hey guys

Is there any way to get the hopper to integrate with an old slingbox solo that I have?

I really just got this receiver to get more recording tuners but it would be nice to be able to sling from it if I ever need to :)

Thanks!

Ugh, I really wanted to use Dish Anywhere but something is better than nothing :) I will start to mess with it tonight after work.

A few things I would like fixed with the Sling Adapter/Built-in Sling on Hopper is OTA support, EHD support, adult channel support, ability to change channels on the Hopper TV, most (if not all) of those things work on 722k w/Sling Adapter.

That's the advantage of a Sling Box, pretty much everything you can do in front of the Hopper you can do with the Sling Box.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Legacy slingboxes will work with hopper as stated just like any other box. I used mine at first like this. Then, I upgraded to the Sling Adapter, which uses dish anywhere. Now I've updated to HWS and no longer need the sling adapter. PM me if you'd like to save a few bucks on a 6 month old one.

Be aware that built in Sling and the Sling Adapter does not support the following: Cannot access the EHD. Does not support the virtual 40.0 remote control. No access to the OTA channels. No access to the Adult channels. Remote viewing and Hopper at home cannot sync together while watching a recorded program. And also that has been mentioned earlier, Slingbox.com no longer supports Hoppers with Sling and Sling Adapters. Slingbox.com works a lot smother than Dishanywere.com. I have my old Slingbox Pro connected back up to one of my Hoppers with Sling so I can have all these features.

If you have never used an actual Slingbox it's probably hard to realize how much it does, plus connecting security cameras, a Roku, just about anything you want to be able to see or hear over the internet or in another room. The pro unit with the OTA tuner is fantastic, you don't even bother anyone else watching TV.

If you have never used an actual Slingbox it's probably hard to realize how much it does, plus connecting security cameras, a Roku, just about anything you want to be able to see or hear over the internet or in another room. The pro unit with the OTA tuner is fantastic, you don't even bother anyone else watching TV.

Yep, I hear ya. I think the virtual remote control is what I miss the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts