Hook-up Question 811?

scott5626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Sorry I could not find the answer in the threads, Can I use a component video only on the 811 or do I have to have an S-video foe SD programing?

scott5626 said:
Sorry I could not find the answer in the threads, Can I use a component video only on the 811 or do I have to have an S-video foe SD programing?

I use component only for HD and SD on my 811. It works great. I did use S-video for the first few days, when I changed to component I couldn't beleive the difference it made on my plasma TV. I am going to try DVI next.

akaRadar said:
I use component only for HD and SD on my 811. It works great. I did use S-video for the first few days, when I changed to component I couldn't beleive the difference it made on my plasma TV. I am going to try DVI next.

Thank you for the info.

akaRadar said:

I am using DVI only for HD and SD.

Amazingly enough, my set is 720p, but the picture is better when I set the 811 output to 1080i (not 720p). Not "knock you over" better, but definitely better.

Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)