hook up vcr to standard rec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

auctioneeral

Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
nj
could somebody explain what i got to do to hook up vcr to standard rec..
sick and tried of recording with dvr and cutting race off before race is over....
so i figured i would hook up my vcr to record and dt and have there dvr back.
tv is a lcdtv.
thanks
allen

Just connect the red/white/yellow lines from the standalone receiver to the VCR. Tune the receiver to the race and press record on the VCR.

But, why not just pad the DVR to record an extra 30 minutes or so?

could somebody explain what i got to do to hook up vcr to standard rec..
sick and tried of recording with dvr and cutting race off before race is over....
so i figured i would hook up my vcr to record and dt and have there dvr back.
tv is a lcdtv.
thanks
allen

What DVR do you have, you should be able to add up to 3 hours of recordability to your DVR.

i guess the 22 HD dvr because we just got hook up 2 months ago. and i do not like it for recordering... i have not seen a complete program sports that i have recorded yet.

how do you pad it.
the tech showed us to go to guild and found program you want to record and push red button..

i guess the 22 HD dvr because we just got hook up 2 months ago. and i do not like it for recordering... i have not seen a complete program sports that i have recorded yet.

how do you pad it.
the tech showed us to go to guild and found program you want to record and push red button..

Here's how I do it.
Find your program in the guide, hit the Record Button, IF it's a live recording, a message about adding time will appear. Highlight the time amount and hit select to change it, then go to Add this Extension .

IF you don't have these options it could be that I have these due to the CE software I'm using.

IF it's a non live program, find it in the guide "select" then you get the option to Record once or Record series chose whichever one you want, then in the center bottom of the screen will be a Start and a Stop time, you can pad the beginning as well as the end here.

Highlight and Select, you can add from 1 minute up to 3 hours

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)