Hooked up VIP622 to new TV via HDMI, but have no audio

thaar

Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
I moved my VIP622 from my home theater setup, where my receiver did all of my video and audio switching via component and toslink, to my bedroom, where it is now directly hooked up to Panasonic 42PX80U via HDMI. I have the speaker output on the TV set to on, and have messed with pretty much all of the settings on both the TV and satellite receiver with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

If you have video then I don't think there is any issue with the HDMI connection, but with a 622 you can never dismiss that possibility completely! As an alternate connection for the audio you could simply run L/R audio via a separate stereo RCA cable from the TV1 outputs on the 622 to that same input on the TV. Of course that won't give you 5.1 SS but your TV probably is only stereo (or SRS or equivalent) anyway so you're not really losing anything with the down-mixed 2-ch audio...

I'll check my 622 manual (been a long time!) to see if we're missing anything else with the HDMI connection...

I have the same issue with a 722 connected via HDMI to an HK AVR247 receiver that is connected via HDMI to a Mitsubishi HC1500 projector. I wound up using the toslink for sound but that is pretty annoying.

I get sound by setting my 722 to PCM only and Line Mode, this is done in the System Setup under Dolby Digital.
Dan

MENU - 6 - 7

Couldn't you select Dolby Digital/PCM and that way both signals are available depending on the programming and tv decoding capability?

Thanks for the replies. I've tweaked with all of the settings on the box. Sounds like it's the box. Not that big of a deal since sound is going through the TV. I'll just use the L/R audio cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts