Hooking HDTV up to TV2 Out on 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
This is not the typical 'HDTV 2nd output' question. I currently have a 722K receiver feeding my HDTV (TV1) and several standard defiinition TVs throughout the house with the TV2 output. I know that the TV2 output is not HD, but the HD channels still look much sharper on this output than the SD channels. My question is, is it possible to format the TV2 output so that it properly fills the screen of an HDTV - either by using the format button on the Dish remote or using the typical 'zoom' functions built into most HDTVs? I would be happy with a large, sharp, correctly proportioned picture - even if it is not true HD. I just want to know if this is possible before I drop money on one of the LCD deals that are out there right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

You should be able to zoom the picture on your new LCD with its own zoom features. The 722k is not going to zoom the picture for you on TV2.

After having HD on a HD TV I don't think you're ever gonna call the SD picture quality "sharp" on a HD TV. Acceptable maybe, but no way sharp. Get the new TV anyway, then you'll figure out a way to get a HDMI cable or component/audio to it to get HD from TV1 in single mode.;) JMHO

Ed

I have a similar setup. 722K downstairs feeding 50"plasma in living room via HDMI and the TV2 out coax feeding upstairs 32" lcd. I believe there are 2 screen format options on the tv2 output (i can't remember what they are called). But a combination of one of those 2 selections and adjusting your t.v.'s formats will result in a proper aspect ratio. And you are correct, even though the HD channels are down rezzed they still look muchhh better than an SD channel over the tv2 coax.

I have a similar setup. 722K downstairs feeding 50"plasma in living room via HDMI and the TV2 out coax feeding upstairs 32" lcd. I believe there are 2 screen format options on the tv2 output (i can't remember what they are called). But a combination of one of those 2 selections and adjusting your t.v.'s formats will result in a proper aspect ratio. And you are correct, even though the HD channels are down rezzed they still look muchhh better than an SD channel over the tv2 coax.

Thanks - that is what I was hoping to hear. I know that it won't be as good as HD, but I want it to at least look as good as the tube TV that I am replacing. If I was not able to get the proper aspect ratio, that would be a dela breaker for me (it would drive me nuts). Eventually, I will either run HDM to the set or add another HD DVR, but for now I would like to just get a bigger TV without having to rewire or add other hardware.

Thanks - that is what I was hoping to hear. I know that it won't be as good as HD, but I want it to at least look as good as the tube TV that I am replacing. If I was not able to get the proper aspect ratio, that would be a dela breaker for me (it would drive me nuts). Eventually, I will either run HDM to the set or add another HD DVR, but for now I would like to just get a bigger TV without having to rewire or add other hardware.

Anytime! Glad I could help. I didn't want to shell out the extra $ so I use a signal splitter upstairs to select between OTA (antenna) full HD and the TV2 coax feed from the 722K. If there is something I want to watch on a local station I will normally select OTA just to get the absolute best picture. Other than that you can't beat being able to pause, skip, rewind, etc. with the extra set of 722K tuners!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts