Hooking up 2 TV's through 1 Joey

harcomo

Original poster
May 23, 2013
Missouri
I'll try to explain this as best I can in hopes that someone can help me. In my basement workshop, I have an old CRT style TV hooked up through a Joey and an old VCR via RCA cords. I am running a splitter on the coax coming out of the VCR and a coax cable also runs to another CRT style TV in another part of the basement by some exercise equipment. This TV works as a second monitor for the workbench TV for when we are using the exercise equipment and want to watch something on TV. We just keep the VCR set on AV and this setup works fine. I am going to upgrade my workshop TV to an LED TV and it will use an HDMI cable from the Joey to the new LED TV. My main question is then, will the second CRT TV still work as a monitor using the RCA cords from the Joey to the VCR and then running the coax cable from the VCR to the old TV as I am doing now? Or will this setup be history upon the introduction of an HDMI cable to the new set?

OK, thanks! Is there a way to do this when I switch to the LED TV that I could do away with the VCR and still use the second CRT TV as a monitor? I'd sure like to get rid of the big VCR because it serves no purpose other than it's connections using it as a converter.

Last edited:
OK, thanks! Is there a way to do this when I switch to the LED TV that I could do away with the VCR and still use the second CRT TV as a monitor? I'd sure like to get rid of the big VCR because it serves no purpose other than it's connections using it as a converter.
Buy a channel 3/4 nodulator under $20 probably can find one for less than $10. Wal Mart Radio Shack Ebay many sources.

Buy a channel 3/4 nodulator under $20 probably can find one for less than $10. Wal Mart Radio Shack Ebay many sources.

+1. Target, just about anywhere. Check out Amazon, as well. These things are much smaller than a VCR and do the job.

As long as we are already way off topic, I had a VCR that had instructions to tune to a PBS station and it would pick up the time signal from that station and set the VCR clock. Can't recall if it actually worked.

My latest VCR is nice. Just displays --:-- without blinking. I suppose some day I'll program it again. Just need to get "a round tuit"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)