hooking up 2nd hd turbo Dish

jomon13

Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
illinois
At my home I have (2 )VIP722K DVR's and in my shop I have a VIP211K all 3 are hooked up to my HD Tubo Dish. The 211K which is hooked up to post 129 in my shop. I did it this way so I could take the 211K to the lake in the summer and not mess up anything in the house. What I'm trying to find out is I bought a 2nd HD turbo Dish to take to the lake @50 miles away. Will I want to also hook it up to the 129 post and leave the other 2 empty?
I thought I would try the same settings for pointing the Dish.
Thank you, Jomon

If u look at the lnb where the cables hook into the dish they are not labeled for each satellite. They are labeled 1 2 3 and in so it shouldn't matter which one u plug it into it should still pick up 110 119 and 129 if u r using a western arc lnb and 61 72 and 77 if is eastern arc

I just have a blow up Pic of the LNB and it shows left to right 119 110 129 LBN in. But your saying I can use any of these?

Yes I am a technician. And if wanna pm me ur email I will take a pic of one and send it to u cause the ones I use everyday have 1 2 3 and lnb in to wing in another dish for like 118 which is the international channels

The usual HD dish antenna is a 1000.x with an integrated LNB/switch assembly. These have 3 outputs capable of feeding any transponder from 3 orbital locations (with either polarization) to as many as 3 dual-tuner receivers. I honestly don't remember what the LNB says on it's outputs, but I thought mine shows the antenna locations as yours does. As Mikey said, the acutal output you use does not matter. All 3 outputs come after what would be called a DPP43 switch, if Dish offered the switch separate from the LNB. So don't worry. You can duplicate this setup at the lake with one or even all 3 of your receivers. Just don't leave some of them there because that's a no-no.

Looked at the Dish and yes they are numbered left to right 1,2,3 Sounds like I should be ok since only hooking up one TV. Thanks to all for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)