hooking up 2nd hd turbo Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jomon13

Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
illinois
At my home I have (2 )VIP722K DVR's and in my shop I have a VIP211K all 3 are hooked up to my HD Tubo Dish. The 211K which is hooked up to post 129 in my shop. I did it this way so I could take the 211K to the lake in the summer and not mess up anything in the house. What I'm trying to find out is I bought a 2nd HD turbo Dish to take to the lake @50 miles away. Will I want to also hook it up to the 129 post and leave the other 2 empty?
I thought I would try the same settings for pointing the Dish.
Thank you, Jomon

If u look at the lnb where the cables hook into the dish they are not labeled for each satellite. They are labeled 1 2 3 and in so it shouldn't matter which one u plug it into it should still pick up 110 119 and 129 if u r using a western arc lnb and 61 72 and 77 if is eastern arc

I just have a blow up Pic of the LNB and it shows left to right 119 110 129 LBN in. But your saying I can use any of these?

Yes I am a technician. And if wanna pm me ur email I will take a pic of one and send it to u cause the ones I use everyday have 1 2 3 and lnb in to wing in another dish for like 118 which is the international channels

The usual HD dish antenna is a 1000.x with an integrated LNB/switch assembly. These have 3 outputs capable of feeding any transponder from 3 orbital locations (with either polarization) to as many as 3 dual-tuner receivers. I honestly don't remember what the LNB says on it's outputs, but I thought mine shows the antenna locations as yours does. As Mikey said, the acutal output you use does not matter. All 3 outputs come after what would be called a DPP43 switch, if Dish offered the switch separate from the LNB. So don't worry. You can duplicate this setup at the lake with one or even all 3 of your receivers. Just don't leave some of them there because that's a no-no.

Looked at the Dish and yes they are numbered left to right 1,2,3 Sounds like I should be ok since only hooking up one TV. Thanks to all for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)