hooking up 625 and 811 together HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jldesign

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
rundown of the help I need:
811 HD to HDTV
getting a 625 dual this weekend
will be hooked up with 811 to get me by till the VIP622 is available

2 lines to this location from DP34 off dish 1000

the 811 will remain on my main HD set but I want to also have the 625 at the same location hooked to the HD set so I can watch/record shows on it while using output to a set in room 2 where I can see the same shows and change channels on the 625. reason is I want to record while watching my HD 811 (the 811 will remain as the main HD unit only on the HD TV) and have the ability to watch shows live or recorded in room 2. basically the 625 will be in single mode but used 50% of the time as a DVR while I watch the 811. the 625 on the HD set will be used only to watch recorded shows.

can someone help me on the best/cleanest way to add the 625 to this setup? I have a couple AV1,2,3,4 open for it on the TV but maybe running it through the 811 will be cleaner but I'm not sure how it would set up.

much thanks for any insight

You'll need two more lines from the 34 switch for the 625 or go with the DishProPlus and use one line for the 811 and seperate the other line for the 625. I would also use an AV input for the 625 incase you would like to use the split screen feature assuming you have it.

I have a DP34
2 lines are to (2) 811 HD units
2 lines are to (2) 311 units now

(1) of the 311 units is going to be replaced with the 625

I already have the 2 lines to this location with the 811 I just want the 625 to be here hooked up as a single tuner. so I can switch between the 811/625 on the fly on ROOM 1 and record with the 625 as well as us it as the SD supply in ROOM 2 via the remotes.

basically having SD DVR in both rooms and using the 625 for room 2 from room 1 (like you would if it were dual)

just seeing if there is a good easy and painless way to switch between veiwing options

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)