hooking up a tivo to 522

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I was thinking of buying a tivo and hooking it up to my dvr 522.does this work with dish dvr.I like to have a 3rd recording device.will it work on my tv2 as a dvr too?anyone has any ideas or done this before.

thanks

should work just like any other video device as an input to the tivo... if you want the tivo to control it via IR blaster (do tivo's do that?) then tv2 is not an option because tv2's remote is UHF-Pro only.

i have a Series 2 Tivo hooked up to my 522 (because of the Tivo-To-Go features) and it works ok... you will use a IR blaster to control the receiver, and occasionally mine misses a button or two, causing it to change to the wrong channel... also, occasional problem with the 522 turning itself off overnight and the tivo wont bring it back up... you have to use the Dish remote, or setup a timer to go off after the updates are done
I have ended up using it as 2 recording devices, the Tivo has the Tv1 side, and I use the Tv2 side to record other stuff

all in all i'm decently happy with it, I like the networking features of the Tivo, but I hate the guide... it is painfully slow compared to the Dish receivers.

I use my TiVo series 2 on my 622, also on TV1 composite output, works fine. I replaced a 510 with the 622 and did'nt even have to change the IR blaster codes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts