Hooking up DVD Recorder to 722

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Using the 722, would like to hook up my DVD Recorder to the HD TV1. Currently it's hooked up to the TV2 (Coaxial). Is this possible and if so, instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Using the 722, would like to hook up my DVD Recorder to the HD TV1. Currently it's hooked up to the TV2 (Coaxial). Is this possible and if so, instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

You would probably get more accurate info on this if you moved it to the DISH Network forum.

A Mod can move it for you too.

Ok but I'm wanting to be able to transfer items from the DVR to the DVD player/ recorder. Exactly how would this be setup?

Alrighty, I know this thread is a bit older but I just bought a DVD Recorder (Toshiba DR570KU) and needed an update from you all because my initial setup has changed to this:

I have the main TV (TV1) hooked to the DVR via component and the secondary TV (also running off TV1) hooked via HDMI in Dual mode. I have coaxial connection just for viewing something other than the program on TV1.

Therefore currently my component and HDMI slots on the DVR are taken. My DVD Recorder does have one HDMI "out" and Component "out" along with all the other connectors.

Your help would be appreciated.

I also use my component & HDMI.

Have my DVD-R hooked to TV1 outputs via S-Video out and audio out. Presumably, you could also use the composite out vs. the S-Video.

When I want to record something on the DVD-R, I play it on the DVR while recording on the DVD-R.

Question (only because my 722k) does not have s-video...

I have the tv in the secondary room hooked up to the new DVD Recorder via coaxial and component but can only get a picture with TV2 which is not 1080. "SINCE" I have no s-video on the DVR (remember in first room) would you say the setup for room 2 would get about the same picture quality as using COMPOSITE to the DVR in room 1?

You follow or am I confusing? :)

Question (only because my 722k) does not have s-video...

I have the tv in the secondary room hooked up to the new DVD Recorder via coaxial and component but can only get a picture with TV2 which is not 1080. "SINCE" I have no s-video on the DVR (remember in first room) would you say the setup for room 2 would get about the same picture quality as using COMPOSITE to the DVR in room 1?

You follow or am I confusing? :)

Yeah, you are confusing but my answer is YES.:)

I doubt that your DVD recorders' INPUT is hooked up via COMPONENT (Red/Blue/Green). Bet you meant COMPOSITE (Yellow). Plus the audio cables, of course (Red/White). Anyhoo, since the 722K doesn't have S-Video the DVD recorded quality is gonna look like what you get from COMPONENT 'cause that's what it'll be recorded from. Really confusing, ain't it???:confused::)

No, I don't wanna repeat that..........:rolleyes:LOL

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)