Hooking up HD without HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
Can you get 1080i pic res without using the HDMI?

I have an older rear projection TV that is "HD ready" but I know doesn't have HDMI.

What's the best other way or can it even be done.

I'm scheduled for a DVR upgrade friday but I'm thinking why not just get HD while I'm at it. I have an old 300 dish that's still on the roof I could use for 129 so why not use it?

I just need to know the inout choices. If 1080 isn't possible without HDMI then I might just stay SD.

Any help???

Thanks in advance!

For now, yes. Component will support 1080. But certain copy protection schemes might later be invoked to downres over analog connections such as component.

By any chance does your unit have a DVI connector? That can give the same high resolution as HDMI, you'll just have to run audio separately.

If you have a clear LOS to 61.5, you'll probably get a better signal there. 129 has problems, but should be replaced around the end of the year.

If you're getting an hd reciever you can get a free Dish 1000.2 upgrade. This dish has 3 outputs which has a DPP 44 switch built in. You could run up to 3 dual tuner dvrs or 2 single tuner sd receivers and 1 dual tuner. Why put more holes in the roof if a dish 1000.2 can be put on your old dish mast. If there is a clear line of sight for 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)