hooking up internet to receiver

lariardo

Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
arkansas
I do not have phone service but receive DSL internet. I am trying to hook up two dvr receivers to internet but don't want to pay what homeplugs cost. Can I use any wireless network adapter from my wireless network? Seems like it should work but don't want to buy a couple of adapters and find out it will not work with Dish.

I do not have phone service but receive DSL internet. I am trying to hook up two dvr receivers to internet but don't want to pay what homeplugs cost. Can I use any wireless network adapter from my wireless network? Seems like it should work but don't want to buy a couple of adapters and find out it will not work with Dish.

Yep Wireless adaptors will work as will other wireless nework configurations.
There a a bunch of threads on here about it, You can go to the search for wireless
here's a one
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/103614-wireless-lan-solution-vip-622-a.html

Hope you get it working

thanks for help

thank you very much for your response. I got to reading on the homeplug and one of them will support up to 15 receivers so I think I will get one of them at walmart. They are $68. I was under the impression that I would need one for each receinver. If one PLA 401 will take care of multiple receivers, that is cheaper than a wireless adapter at each receiver. The way I understand it, the receivers can access the internet through the electrical cord. The usb or ethernet plugs do not need to be used. Seems strange but I will give it a try. Thanks alot again. larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts