hooking up phone line to a 612?

With line connected, go Menu, 6, 3...Connection. Select and see what phone connection report says.

Per the dish vip612 product launch bulletin, if you plug a phone line into the ethernet plug, all of your phones will go dead.

Hope this helps......

Per the dish vip612 product launch bulletin, if you plug a phone line into the ethernet plug, all of your phones will go dead.

Hope this helps......

AH-HA!!! Give that man a cigar!!

If it matters, you don't have to have the 612 plugged into a phone line if you don't want to. That requirement is only for receivers which can accommodate 2 TVs.

Hope this helps......
yes it was in the wrong hole! i have to start looking for holes instead of feeling for them.ha! ha!

I wonder if anyone has similar problem. I have both, broadband and phoneline connected and my Vip612 does not work over phoneline. If I try to connect to customer service, view bill or whatever you can normally do with dialup, I get error 9. I tried to fix this one time with customer service on the phone and he was glueless.

He was blaming faulty wiring in house but that does not make sense because my other receivers work just fine and I had 508 in the same spot before. When I run connection check it say both are OK. I have not try this yet but if I disconnect phoneline, will customer service work over broadband only?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)